Some Engines I have built

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric,

The engine is looking great. I have followed the progress of this on CNCzone. Glad you are showing it here and I love mean looking engines.

Kenny

I really like that. Did you build the carb or is it off the shelf.

zeusrekning said:
I really like that. Did you build the carb or is it off the shelf.

It's from an old OS Max .35 engine. I would like to build a carb for this engine eventually.

Kenny,

Nice looking engine. Once I get more time I'd like to build something like that. 8)
It sure would look great in an airboat, probably sound good to. :)

Regards,
Bernd

It doesn't quite seem to want to run with that carb. Burps and farts but no steady run. Maybe it's too big. I will build a new one.

E

Ok, that's it I can't take it anymore, you fellows are to good, I am just cutting threads of the lathe, can do some things but you fellows, I guess there should be a law against being that good and making things that make a fellow like wonder where have I been all my life, you all are good, here I go again, I am going to have to live to be 400 years old now, I really enjoy this bunch, I have been saving the pictures, going to get there some day, thanks fellows, take care, Lathe Nut

That's a great looking engine. Keep at it, and it WILL run. When I put my first runner together I could barely rotate the flywheel. Now it runs happily all day long.
Success, ;D
Phil

Don't give up on it Eric.

I've built flame lickers in a week that didn't until 6 months later.

Making it like the "picture" is the easy part.
Just about any machinist (professional or hobbyist) can do that.
Bringing it to life is a whole new phase of the hobby.

You'll get it.
And, when you do, WE SEE IT FIRST! Right? ;)

AllThumbs said:
It doesn't quite seem to want to run with that carb. Burps and farts but no steady run. Maybe it's too big.
What a beautiful engine, like all your work!:)

If my cipher'n is right, you got .90 cu. in there. That lil' ol' .35 carb. should be fine for low speed running. It's gonna need a needle valve though.;)

DICKEYBIRD said:
What a beautiful engine, like all your work!:)

If my cipher'n is right, you got .90 cu. in there. That lil' ol' .35 carb. should be fine for low speed running. It's gonna need a needle valve though.;)

It's got one. The .09 cu. in is in two cylinders. I think the carb needs to be sized for just one of them. I will try it again before I rip it off.

Thinking about it now it seems like it was only hammering on one cylinder. I should check both cylinders compression. I may need to raise the comp. a bit too. It's only 4.5:1 or so. I can easily raise it by machining .050 - .100 off the cylinder block.

E

Back