Some Engines I have built

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllThumbs

Reaction score
I am new here. Just a couple projects I have done.

These have also been posted on another forum, but here they are anyways:

V-4 Steam Engine

[youtube=425,350]n9n6udK6ISE[/youtube]

Eric

A Webster 4 stroke IC engine

[youtube=425,350]mIYFJ_70WhM[/youtube]
Eric

Yeah, thanks. I think I will like it here better. I think I am talking to myself over there sometimes.

Eric

AllThumbs said:
Yeah, thanks. I think I will like it here better. I think I am talking to myself over there sometimes.

Eric

There is a bunch of great people here. You will recognize a few names from over there (and other places).

Now submit that V-4 to HSM and get it published. I keep thinking about trying to figure it out and that would save me a lot of time.

Eric

Here is my latest. Inline 2 cylinder, 4 stroke, water cooled.
2cyl11.jpg

2cyl12.jpg

This one doesn't run yet. Not finished.

Yeah, well that isn't bad.....

confused0052.gif

WOW!
Nice work!!!
Once it's running we WILL be the first to see it, won't we?

Rick

Eric,

Thats nice. I think I need more thumbs. ;D

Kenny

WOW!
very nice work!
id love to see your last one running, reminds me of a willys jeep engine for some reason.

Thanks guys. You will be the first to see it running. IF it runs that is...

Eric

Neat little two cylinder you have there. It'll run fine... After your finished:O)

Wes

Ahhh...would that be Eric "Balsaman" of longtime home CNC fame? Small world!

You and I bumped into each other on that old "Looking for a CNC mill" thread on RCGroups back in 2002! Time flies when you're havin' fun.

Good to have you aboard Sir Eric.:) Beautiful work (as always) on the engines. Please put together some of your wonderful build threads with tons of pictures showing how you set up and machined your engine parts. I'm sure you probably have CNC stock feeders, tool changers, and floor sweeping machines by now.;)

Milton

AllThumbs said:
Here is my latest. Inline 2 cylinder, 4 stroke, water cooled.
This one doesn't run yet. Not finished.

Very nice work. What's the bore and stroke of this little beauty? Did you use CNC to mill the intake manifold?

Chuck

cfellows said:
Very nice work. What's the bore and stroke of this little beauty? Did you use CNC to mill the intake manifold?

Chuck

Thanks Chuck

I have a converted mill drill and a manual 8x12 lathe. My mill drill can be run cnc or semi manualy (It has a electronic handwheel), so 80% of the mill work is done cnc. I have been doing machining for around 2 years now (off and on). Love it!

The mill/drill needs a new thread. I have some video I will post soon.

E

Getting close. I got the valves lapped, springs and keepers in there. Made the exhaust as mean looking as possible. I might cut the ends off at 45 degrees...not sure. I need to concoct an ignition system now. If it runs it will get a water pump and rad too.

2cyl 009.jpg

2cyl 010.jpg

Latest posts

Back