RUNNING THEM ON AIR

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don1966

Reaction score
My grandsons came over and wanted to see my steam engines run. I looked around the house to find something where I could connect them all together and run my engine for them. Well that did not work out because I had nothing but a single connector. This is how I ran my engines for them one at a time. I remembered that I had see a built article in Ruby Kouhoupt's Shop Wisdom series and this is what I came up with. I have encluded the attempted piece also, just to show you what happens when you break a bit in it. Naturely I had to discard it and start over. Anyway the bottom photo is a weekend project just basic turning and worth the effort.

Regards Don

DSC02536.jpg

Suggestion: Mill out the broken bit with a carbide mill and fit a plug into the hole. Then start over with a drill. I just did this on a head. Can't even see the plug.

Must feel a little like running a model train set controlling them all from one spot like that.

What are the screws for? Holding it onto your control panel?

You are correct Drysdam, they are to secure to main platform where the engines will be running. And it will be nice to have control of all of them from one spot.

Don

Latest posts

Back