Rudy K. Traction Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eohdtech

Reaction score
Ive been working on my Rudy K. Traction Engine lately, got the main chassis done, most of the engine machined and just a few parts to finish making. Im getting close to needing the gears and having trouble finding some, does anyone know where a guy could look? I thought about making a set at work on the waterjet, but cut time is very long.

IMG_20131024_204730.jpg

IMG_20131109_172332.jpg

IMG_20131016_193742.jpg

IMG_20131108_084052.jpg

IMG_20120430_203618.jpg

Nice job. What did you use for the wheels? I've been holding off building my Rudy trying to find material for the wheels.Ed

Ed, I just used standard pipe for the wheels, the rear ones are a little heave, but a nicer look in my opinion.

gbritnell, I tryed emailing those guys about gears, but got no response. Ill have to try calling them yet.

I bought my plans off of eBay. I know Amazon has them also.

Village Press has a book of plans and how to build the Rudy Traction Engine. I have the book and it's good. Ed

I can't wait to see how this build comes along.As soon as I can find some pipe i'll get started.It looks like there are a lot of good ideas coming.Did you use copper for the boiler? Ed

Ive looked at that post a hundred times! Keeps me motivated to work on mine. Its a great thread.

Latest posts

Back