Rotary table problems

Help Support HMEM:

dnalot

Project of the Month Winner !!!
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I am using a 6” rotary table I bought from Grizzly. It should have been painted brown so a buyer would know what a turd it is. Its sloppy, the center hole is off center and has almost a full degree of backlash.

So I would like to hear from you guys. What 6” table would you recommend.

Mark T

petertha

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score

dnalot

Project of the Month Winner !!!
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. The Vertex table looks just like mine on the outside. After watching the videos that Petertha provided. I tore mine down and found the inside fit and finish were crappy in comparison. And the setscrew used to adjust the backlash on mine was missing. In fact the hole was not even threaded. So now I must decide if I am to try and rebuild the unit I have or fork out more money and hope for something better.

Mark T

justintime

Reaction score
I am using a 6” rotary table I bought from Grizzly. It should have been painted brown so a buyer would know what a turd it is. Its sloppy, the center hole is off center and has almost a full degree of backlash.

So I would like to hear from you guys. What 6” table would you recommend.

Mark T
Good luck with whatever path you choose. If it were mine I think I would strip it down, clean and re-assemble to factory specs, if you have them. They are often included with the units, but if not are readily available on manufacturer's, websites. Careful readjustment to
spec and proper lube may be all you need. ( process may include de-burr here and there )

marcmeng59

Reaction score
I also purchased a Grizzly 6 in rotary table. The quality is bad at best. I had to take it apart clean it, lube it, and try to adjust it. It got slightly better.

fcheslop

Reaction score
Iv had a Vertex 4inch for about 8 years and its been a decent enough table for model making and gear cutting . It is never going to be toolroom quality but for the money a great buy and suits my needs

SmithDoor

Reaction score
I found a 8" or 10" table has space for setup.
When had smaller table it was harder to setup do to size.
Any bigger it to heavy.

Today I own a 8" table.

Dave

SailplaneDriver

Reaction score
I have a Phase II 6" table. The fit and finish is good but it leaks oil like a sieve. I agree with SmithDoor on the size. An 8" would be eaiser for setup but I can barely move the 6" around with my crappy back.

necchiom

Reaction score
Hi Mark. Did you consider to improve your table? Here is an interesting retrofitting, done by a smart guy, could be inspiring. Start from this video clip:

SailplaneDriver

Reaction score
Anyone come up with a way to keep these RTs from leaking oil like a sieve? I have a Phase II 6" that leaks all the oil out in a couple of days making a mess wherever I put it. I was thinking of putting in ball check valve type oil fittings in the critical areas instead. Has anyone done that who could provide some insight?

Latest posts

Group Builder