Re: TB5 proposal

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would propose finishing up in no longer than 4 weeks.
Easy on the reins Man, the original TB schedule was 3 months we are shooting for two on TB4.
Easy on the team there.
Tin

This is what I came up with for a Flywheel

Yeah or No...... you guys decide.
tb5.jpg

Matt

Very nice. Did you say 12L14 or Aluminum? In 12L14 the mass should make for a very smooth runner.

Either or........, but I am concerned about the lack of mass w/aluminium. This is my first engine, and I don't know how much weight it takes to get these things spinning?

Matt

1Hand, I would prefer a flywheel of 12L14 please. I do like your creative embellishment to the part. How would/do you plan on getting the lettering on them?

BC1
Jim

bearcar1 said:
1Hand, I would prefer a flywheel of 12L14 please. I do like your creative embellishment to the part. How would/do you plan on getting the lettering on them?

BC1
Jim

Matt

BC1,

Got ya down for the steel flywheel. I'm also going to use steel for mine.

Matt

Good goin' there Matt. Have you considered (probably) adding the year "2011" to your logo? Just a thought. I'd love to see that machine of yours in action for real.

BC1
Jim

BTW, Pat, and fellow team members, I have perused my hardwood stock and have come up with enough stock for the bases. HOWEVER: six will be in Walnut and two will have to be made from White Oak. (we are making 8 engines correct?) If anyone has a preference, speak up now please and your selection will be noted.

BC1
Jim

Matt, I thought your original design was good, how about that with the date centered up underneath the 'TB5'? Whattya' think?

BC1
Jim

Like this Pat?
tb53.jpg

Pat,

Can I get some of the finish dimensions? Total width, hub width, hub diameter, center hole diameter.

How we attaching? set screw?

I wanta start doing some rough turning 2moro if I could. I'm off the rest of the week.

Are you sure about the aluminium? And if so how many?

Matt

I like that second example Matt, perhaps a little bit more line separation between TB5 and 2011. I'm beginning to sound like a diva, I know. ;D

Jim

Pat,

Would it be a problem to use the .82 thickness of the hub, for the outer ring thickness? Will this throw off something else? The shafts I have are 4" long, so by the time I make 3 cuts and face both sides, I think I can stay with in the .82.

Matt

all,

Aluminum frame stock is identified, however... the overall width will be 2.11" vis 2.20... please note for length of shaft. I don't think it will affect anything else.

Matt, steel flywheel if possible

Jim, Wallnut base if possible

Randel

Do we want to start a work in progress thread on TB5. I was going to document the steps in building my part.

Just an Idea.

Matt

Latest posts

Back