Rattler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...get another extension cord!... ;D
Nice running engine Metalmad!
Congrats!

Dave

Hi Dave
My next project may be hooking up "The Rat" to my lathe :big:
Did u see that thing go, once we leaned out the mixture? LOL
(without a nob on it, I could not turn it enougth)
Pete

Great runner Pete :)
Can we see a wallaby moving around on the horizon?

Brock

Very nice,has been fun to watch, congrats from north of the equator
Peter

Thanks Peter
I'm told Canada is lovely
Brock, I think its fair to say there has been movement with the Wallabys :big:

BaseSANY1899 by metalmad2011, on Flickr

Today I made a nob for the mixture needle, ran a die over the thread and also took a file to part of the Governor that was Sticking.
Im thinking, I may do another run with her on the weekend to try out both the needle and the governor.

BaseSANY1901 by metalmad2011, on Flickr

Pete,

Sorry to be late for your run. :mad:

I don't know how I missed it, anyway it's a great engine and CONGRATULATIONS :bow: :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks Bob ;D

Thanks guys
I guess I got lucky ;D
Pete

Hi Pete, well deserved praise for a job well done. It makes me feel good that you were successful in your completion of your Rattler. One never knows if he can be successful in taking an idea out of ones head and putting it to paper then getting someone else to see it the same way. I think we did good. Because this engine's design is unlike others, and my lack of drawing experience, the task you took on was a big one. I have learned a great deal from this project and have gained a little more confidence in my abilities, a feeling I hope is mutual to both of us. I have more designs in the works and some of them will be documented and some will not. As I have a short attention span and get bored with things easily I have to take on projects like these to keep myself busy.
I have started on another engine that won't be documented but haven't gotten too far yet. Once I'm along a ways I will post the progress. I still have lots of painting to do around the house this fall and my wife and I just got back from a trip to the east coast of the US. Now maybe I will be able to find a little time in the shop and get going on another engine. Once again, good job and I am anxious to see your next project. Dave

Thanks for the support Dave :)
Hi John glad to see you drop in mate
Once again Id like to thank Dave G for allowing me to build this lovely little engine, as I had to step up to do it :big:
A little boost to help me do my first multi next.
Pete

Thought you guys might find this video interesting...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2qNoVyp4Ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2qNoVyp4Ic[/ame]

Hi Chuck
What a great video, I found myself repeatedly pausing the vid for a better look at the crossover cam :big:
My "Rattler" is so easy to time and runs so well, I'm surprised the idea was not more popular!
Pete

Back