organizing drawer with measurement tools

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttrikalin

Reaction score
A bit of craft foam from Michael's Crafts and 30 min with the Xacto knife set and voila

IMG_7418.jpg

and with the tools in

IMG_7419.jpg

hope some of you find this useful...

take care,
tom in MA

Tom,

Looks good. Thanks for sharing.
I tried something similar a while back using thick-ish cardboard, to be told not such a good idea as over time cardboard can gather moisture. So I abandoned that, it looks like craft foam is the way to go.

Mike

I have often pondered doing that in my boxes.
The USAF machine and sheet metal shops had all there boxes set up with cutouts a great way to organize tool keep them safe and accounted for. It eliminates forgetting to put a tool away or sticking a scribe or 6" rule in the pocket and forgetting where it is.
The foam from snap-on was IIRC pretty expensive.
Tin

It's nice but.... I use these measuring tools so often I need to keep them on the bench right next to the work. I do have Velcro on the backs of them and stick them to the wall when I need the bench space.

I hear you, dennis.

I'd do the same, but I do not have much room so I keep things in place and cleanup after every operation... slows me down a lot... but it's the price one has to pay...

:)

Tom,

Since you have an electronic caliper, why not punch out a couple of battery sized holes in the foam to hold some spares?

Alan

Latest posts

Back