Newby (I wish) from Nebr.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatlandflyer

Reaction score
Hello to all of you!!I've been a member here for a couple of months(I've logged a couple of days exploring posts and following projects ,but have not posted)This is an awesome forum,I thought I was the only shop crazy on the planet till I found this board.I've worked in tool & die for 35 yrs. now(in a very small shop here in central Ne.)To keep my sanity I've built several lunch hour engines as I call them.Make a piece during lunch break,maybe stay an hour after make 1 or 2 more till the project runs.

11-24-08_1712.jpg

11-24-08_1710.jpg

These all run on air,inspired by whatever lights my interest at the moment.Am currently working on a Mastiff inspired 4 banger,my first IC engine(sorry, no pics yet)
I'd like to thank all for sharing their talents,ideas, and experience!!
Gimpy(as I'm known to Fam. & Friends)

well gimpy welcome to the collective of eccentric model engine builders. No you are not crazy and not the only one on the planet . Probably not event the only one in Nebraska. Nice engines
I would hardly call you a newby you have a fine collection of engines you built. So pull up a chair and join us over the morning coffee and jump in the fray we all can learn something here and me things you have lots to share as well.
What part of Nebraska ? I have shirttail/distant relatives near Offutt AFB south of Omaha
Tin

wEc1 Gimpy

Beautiful collection of Toys Machines you've got there looking forward to seeing a thread or two from you stickpoke

It looks like your well up to the job. woohoo1

have you got any Videos of them running we could see ?

Bez

Steve, thank you for the welcome,I've read your build on the V-8's, awesome work,U da man!!!!!

Tin,actually in central Ne. half way between Kearney & North Platte,but have a bro. in the big O,and my better half is from Louisville, just south of Omaha,so we run down there a lot.I've already picked a bit from all of you,who can live without coffee?

Bez,sorry no vids of them running at the moment,all built before I had a camera or for that matter access to the Net.But I see if I can get them running,the V twin is gummed up to the point it barely turns,but is still my fav. :(
Gimpy

Welcome Gimpy!

That one with your handle on it and the chain drive looks interesting....rotary valves?
Dave

Yes Dave (hmm actually my given name)is a rotary valve,built from K&S brass tubing,runs fairly well,but has timing issues,and not really finished,but I've an idea for an advance - retard mech. not yet built,too many toys so littl ;)e time.

Thank you Ray!!
Gimpy

Gimpy,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Gimpy. Those are some interesting looking engines. That v twin really caught my eye. If you do a rebuild of it I and I am sure others would love to see a log of the process. How far along are you with the mastiff?

Brock

flatlandflyer said:
Yes Dave (hmm actually my given name)is a rotary valve,built from K&S brass tubing,runs fairly well,but has timing issues,and not really finished,but I've an idea for an advance - retard mech. not yet built,too many toys so littl ;)e time.

Thank you Ray!!
Gimpy

I stand corrected! ;D Look forward to your thoughts turning into reality ....on which ever engine you work on.

Warm Regards,

Dave

Hi All I am new here to . Love reading you're post. I am building the 0-4-0 pen. switcher in 1/32 scale. I am know as the sheet wrinkler as I spend most of my time in bed [alone] as I have a bed Back. I've had 11 operation and will be having the 12 on the 17th. So I don't get much shop time.If I can figure out how to post a picture I will do so .Thanks very much Dale

Dale welcome. A PA switcher nice project. You can always read draw or sketch in bed will help the machining time go smoother. LAp top and cad/ cam??
Tin Falcon

Hi Tim You are right ,That is what I do.I have been working on it for eight years .I was hoping to finish it last winter ,but with my back going bad again it did not happen.Most of the work is down sizing the plans.I have to multiply the diementions by .65% to get it at the size I want it to be .Thanks for the reply Dale

Latest posts

Back