Newbie in west Michigan

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldboatguy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I found this board looking for steam engine drawings & photos. My main engine interests are marine steam & early American 4-4-0 locomotives. I "grew up" working for 14 years as a project engineer for a large engineerring job shop which did a lot of boiler repair work as well. We worked up to 3" plate and had lathes up to 72" swing x 36 feet between centers. Our largest mill would run 16' horizontally, 9' vertically, and 6' in & out with an 11" spindle. I left there 20 years ago and founded my own engineering company designing & building wooden pallet recycling machinery. I have sold the company but am still employed as the official "Old Guy". I now have more time to "play". I do a lot of stuff with Autodesk Inventor & hope to be able to post some drawings & models when I learn how. I am really enjoying browsing this board and seeing some of the gorgeous stuff you folks are making. I am convinced that no matter how much you know, every other person can show you at least one new thing you didn't know!.

Oldboatguy

Welcome to HMEM. We're glad to have you on board. Make yourself at home and feel free to contribute.

Hey OBG, welcome, from the sound of things you'll fit right in here.

David

Oldboat guy.
Check your personal messages, left hand side of the screen under User.

Welcome to HMEM Oldboatguy

Rick

Welcome to the board! As others will tell you we love pictures here! pictures of projects, pictures of machinery, pictures of shops, ....

feel free to share away when you get the chance. ;D

Latest posts

Back