New to the forum

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philipintexas

Reaction score
I'm a hobby machinist with an offshore 12" lathe, a mill-drill, and a bunch of assorted tools & machines. I was introduced to to machining in high-school in the 50's and worked on computers most of my career but really like working with my hands.
I wanted a steam engine but couldn't find one so I decided to build it. I attended a couple NAMES conventions and was amazed at the variety of casting sets available so I started with the PM Research model and things went from there. I've completed several steam & hit-n-miss models up to the 1895 Mery 6 cycle engine. Currently working on a Corliss model using castings from the Modeler's pattern pool, very corse castings and lots of study needed as the drawings are poor quality. I'm finishing up the valve parts and assembling things as I go. Being old, I hever spent much time on the internet until I discovered the wealth of information available. I made a luggage rack for my Kawasaki motorcycle and through the internet found lots of people wanted one like it so I have them made by a local shop and sell through a forum. It's great to have the collective knowledge of so many talented people available. I'll post photos as soon as I figure out how.(IE: Get my wife involved)

Hello Philip and wEc1 to the forum
About posting photos, many of us have an free account on www.photobucket.com we upload our pics on our site, and link to them in our posts.
Please feel free to ask when in doubt

Holt

Hi There Phillip

Welcome to HMEM. Glad that you found us. Sounds like you have the better half involved as well. She is welcome too as we like to think of this forum as being friendly to ladies and children as well. We look forward to seeing what you are working on when you have a chance to show us. If you have any questions just ask as there is always someone around to answer or at least offer an opinion. We look forward to your participation in these forums. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Welcome Phillip...Will look forward to your participation....enjoy your time here!!

Bill

Hi Phillip, I live in Round Rock, Tx, which is just north of Austin. Welcome to the Forum.

Chuck

Welcome Philip. Looking forward to pictures of your projects. wEc1

Regards,
Rudy

Philip,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back