New shop finished

Discussion in 'The Shop' started by misfitsailor, Dec 19, 2018.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Dec 19, 2018 #1

misfitsailor

misfitsailor

misfitsailor

Here is a video slideshow of the building of my new shop during the last year. It is compact, but just fine for the construction of miniature engines!

bquiggle, brotherbear, Rudy and 2 others like this.
  2. Dec 19, 2018 #2

2kmoss

2kmoss

2kmoss

That looks nice and cozy! Looks like a first rate job as well! I love the loft, great use of space.

3. Dec 19, 2018 #3

DJP

DJP

DJP

Very nice. You must have enjoyed building a retreat where you can be surrounded by your toys/tools and be comfortable. I noticed what looked like a marine (sailboat) cabin heater on one wall. Hopefully it will provide sufficient heat. I know that they are effective on a boat to keep the cabin air dry.

I recently completed a similar project and to deal with harsh winter conditions I insulated the walls and used steel barn tin to line the interior walls and ceiling. My shop is now cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

I agree with your diagonal placement of the mill in a corner. It's an effective use of precious space.

Congrats and let us know when the Shed Warming celebration is scheduled.

4. Dec 20, 2018 #4

bazmak

bazmak

bazmak

BAZMAK HMEM Supporter

WONDERFUL

5. Dec 20, 2018 #5

ShopShoe

ShopShoe

ShopShoe

That's great. As others have said, a very dfficient use of space.

Congratulations and thank you for posting.

--ShopShoe

6. Jan 11, 2019 #6

Wizard69

Wizard69

Wizard69

That is one nice little shop there, someday maybe I will be so lucky! We have a joke int he shop at work that the perfect retirement home would be 500 square feet with a 50,000 square foot shop attached. One can dream. Here though it looks like a dream come true.

As for the second story / loft area do you have specific plans for that area. I looks like the perfect place to put Air compressors, HVAC, and other equipment that can clutter up a shop floor. My "shop" is in the basement at the moment and thus have plenty of experience with other things cluttering up the work place.