Looking for inspiration

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished to build the Anzani Y without castings. That was above my skill level which has raised considerably during this construction. Mostly is a matter of imaginative fixturing and proper work sequence.

Now I am ready for a something new. Like a TWO strokes Glow (or a sparker) around 10 CC displacement.
Either something modern and compact looking or vintage if it has "personality".

Any suggestion?

Just finished to build the Anzani Y without castings. That was above my skill level which has raised considerably during this construction. Mostly is a matter of imaginative fixturing and proper work sequence.

Now I am ready for a something new. Like a TWO strokes Glow (or a sparker) around 10 CC displacement.
Either something modern and compact looking or vintage if it has "personality".

Any suggestion?
photos? ... video?

You want photo?
I was going to add legends but could not find a way
246 The Lanz Tractor - Previous project
300 Boring the assembled crankcase to accept the sleeves
303 Finding center before boring
305 Roughing the rear cover - lots of hogging
315 Milling the incomplete fins - could not be done on the lathe
335 Building the Ulisses tug boat for distraction
342 Blanking the crank
344 Rough rounding the trow on the mill to avoid a long stick out tool on the lathe
346 Finishing the trow on the lathe
347 Rounsing the shaft
467 Finished on the kitchen counter

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0469.jpeg
    IMG_0469.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0468.jpeg
    IMG_0468.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0347.jpeg
    IMG_0347.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0346.jpeg
    IMG_0346.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0335.jpeg
    IMG_0335.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0315.jpeg
    IMG_0315.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0303.jpeg
    IMG_0303.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0246.jpeg
    IMG_0246.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and that is indeed true in this case.

Very fascinating work.

I have a tugboat build on my very long "to build" list.

Thanks much for sharing.

Pat J.

Replaced the prop with a flywheel to test run. To prime I have to place a finger on the carburetor. There is no way to do it without meeting the turning propeller. Plus I am not fond of having an 18" propeller running while I move around.

Next project may be the Sopwith Camel kit to hang in the living room. Lots of detail. Wife and I have not had a fight in a long time so this will be a good trigger.

Nice. Are those 10-32 spark plugs like RCEXL or similar? Is it CDI or coil type ignition system? Is lubrication by premix / blow-by only, or you have some other oiling in the system?

Nice. Are those 10-32 spark plugs like RCEXL or similar? Is it CDI or coil type ignition system? Is lubrication by premix / blow-by only, or you have some other oiling in the system?
Plugs are Rimfire
Ignition is a Moped CDI that I boxed with some circuit to adapt and select Leading Edge or Trailing Edge Trigger so I can use it on Hall Effect or Contact point. I move around the box from engine to engine.
Lubrication is by all 3 method. It has an Oil Pump injecting through the crankshaft, blowby is unavoidable so there is some of it and it never hurt to add a few % oil to the Coleman fuel.

Peter, you can see the ignition box clamped on the right. I do not have the picture but is mounted on a "ready to run" display base including the Fuel and Oil Tanks Throttle and needle extension and the ignition trigger and HV.
Had to extend the throttle and needle because one can not get near the carburetor without "meeting" the propeller.

IMG_0599.jpeg

Tornitore,
A beautiful engine build.
I sympathise with that "between projects" feeling as I am there myself just now. Last one was a 13 year major project, but it is now really difficult to settle to anything. I have a few possible designs that I am noodling at on the CAD, but nothing leaps off the screen and says "Build me!". There is more to the psychology of building things than most folk realise.
Good luck,
Martin

Tornitore,
A beautiful engine build.
I sympathise with that "between projects" feeling as I am there myself just now. Last one was a 13 year major project, but it is now really difficult to settle to anything. I have a few possible designs that I am noodling at on the CAD, but nothing leaps off the screen and says "Build me!". There is more to the psychology of building things than most folk realise.
Good luck

How true. Something has to grab your fancy before committing to a lot of work.

My problem is too much grabs my fancy and the list gets longer as I can't design and make them fast enough.

This week's fancy is a standard cream separator engine approx 40% full size

Latest posts

Back