Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will have a great deal of knowledge to impart and will hopefully even pick up a trick or two. As a new member myself, I can honestly say that the breadth of talent and support here is awesome.

Have you an engine build in mind?

Hi Mike,
Welcome to this forum. I am a satisfied customer of yours. Hope to see you at Cabin Fever.

Cheers,
Phil

Hi and a warm welcome to HMEM, Mike, pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Tim

Mike,

Welcome to our forum
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks,
There is a lot of interesting things on this Forum for sure. I have a good bit of reading to do.
T70mkIII I have a couple of things I would like to do, my problem is finding the time. I thought I would have more time this winter but the shop was pretty busy.
Thanks Phil, glad your happy with our tools. Look me up at Cabin Fever, I'm introducing 14 new kits at this show. Everybody was asking for 80° diamond holders and a thin cutoff/Grooving holder in HSS. Took me awhile but I finally made them.
Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Mike

Mike,

Welcome to the forum! So you will be at Cabin Fever? Will you be running a vendor booth?

Eric

Hi Eric,
Yes I'll definitely be at Cabin Fever as a vendor. I really look forward to it all year. Our booth is kind of hard to miss. It's done in red and black with a sign (Arthur R Warner Co.) above it.
This year we are adding 14 new High Speed Steel Insert kits to our booth, and I'm kind of anxious as to how they are going to sell. I also finally found a good source for carbide inserts (for the kits), so we will be offering them as well.
I really enjoy talking to the guys. Some of the displays and projects there are absolutely increadable. These guys are true craftsmen.
Are you planning on going? If so make sure you stop by the booth. Please make sure you tell me who you are, I'm terrible with remembering names.

Thanks
Mike Warner

Mike,

I will be there. Was going to be a vendor but we had to change our plans.

Just looked at your site. I didn't remember, but seeing it now I know I have been there a few times. I hope to have some left over from my pay to make some purchases at the show from you!

Eric

I have been reading the posts on this forum for months and finally had a reason to post....cold weather machining. I am looking at giving this a try, but I am a complete noobie (unless you count grade school shop 30 years ago, and I don't). I'll have some questions regarding shop set up, and hope to make some chips in the not too distant future.
Mark

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have really enjoyed following the threads. Its nice to see a forum that is so active that it is hard to keep up!

Mark,

Welcome to our forum
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hello,

Like most I have been lurking for a while before joining. What a great site and a great hobby. I had to give up my old hobby; building and racing my 90 Mustang when my kids were born. (Racing is much cheaper then raising two kids.) I gave it up a few years ago and have been floundering ever since. This seems like it would be the perfect hobby for me.

I recently purchased an Atlas 618 and I have a 15" drill press. I use to work in Quality Control before moving into management. Twenty plus years ago, I was a CNC operator as a summer job. I have a good understanding of machining, I just don't have the hands on experience. With all of that said, I need a suggestion for a simple engine to build that doesn't require milling if that is possible. One other thing, at this time I do not have four jaw chuck for the lathe.

Thanks

90LX_Notch,

Welcome to our forum
smiley-signs046.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks for the welcome Maryak.

Latest posts

Back