Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arv, welcome to HMEM! We are gald you have jumped on board!

Feel free to ask any of the team members should you need help with anything. It is what we are here for, and all are willing to assist with any problems you may have.

Hello all,

I am new to this group and have enjoyed looking at so many of the projects. There is some great talent displayed here. I cant wait for retirement ( I still have years to go) to have some more play time in the shop on a regular basis.
I am working on a larger version of Brian's Flyball Gov. for my replica car. I plan on using it connected to a hand crank on the front of the car. As the crank is turned with step up gearing, the gov will turn 600-800 rpm and as the balls lift, a large micro switch will be tripped and will send 12 volts to the starter relay which will simulate crank starting the engine. I will make it a bit bigger than Brian's to match the scale of the car.

Welcome to the group...sounds like a very interesting project you have going on. Hopefully you can post some pictures of it soon.

Regards,
Bill

Hi and welcome to the best and friendliest forum on the interweb ;)

And may I 2nd Bill's comments about wanting to see pics or info on your progress on your very interesting project.

Tim

oldgascar,

Welcome to our forum
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hello all,
I am already a few weeks on this forum looking what ours building and fixing.
Here in Holland (NL) I am a member on de “stoomgroep” and enjoying this wonderful word of steam and building machines
In my dally work I make and develop laboratory equipment at a resource laboratory.
On my hyves site are some of my steam engines
Feel free to visit the site at “ http://knutselhaas.hyves.nl “.
Scroll down to the fotos and enjoy

By the way this HMEM is a great forum and a great sours of information for the hobbyist of this world
Keep the spirit up and going
Lowie

Lowie,

Welcome to our forum
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Lowie,
Welcome. You're doing some fine work. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers,
Phil

Welcome oldgascar,
Neat project. Hope to see some closeup pics when you're finished.

Cheers,
Phil

Welcome to the forum Lowie, glad to have you on board.

Tim

Hi all I have been watching and looking and allot of reading and I must say this is the best club that I have everseen in HMEM . I have a cnc mill from Sherline and a Chine 3in1 I have been making things for my R/C model planes and for my motorbike but I have always wanted to make a engine so I 'am going to try and get the bug to bite me ;D

Bb2,

Welcome to our forum
smiley-signs087.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hello all,
Just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Mike Warner and I've been in the metal working industry for 31 years full time and I still love it. I say full time because that's when I graduated high school, but my dad had me running a Warner & Swasey #3 Turret lathe when I was 12.
I'm running his company now, (or it's running me ;D ) Arthur R Warner Co. We are mainly a production grinding shop, but we do a little bit of everything. The one thing that makes us unique, is that most everything we do is with High Speed Steel or Tool steel. Our products range from finished Inserts , Toolbits, cutoff blades to raw blanks.
If you have any questions on HSS or inserts in general, I'll try my best. I've learned a lot duplicating carbide inserts in HSS. By the way you'd be amazed how many HSS inserts and tool bits are used in manufacturing these days.

Have a nice day,
Mike

Back