New member from the Black Hills

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome.

Yes the full sized engines are incredibly heavy.
I use an engine hoist, but even then it is a struggle.

Even the models are not exactly light.
My heaviest model is 70 lbs., and it seems like it is gaining weight every year (I am sure it is not a case of me getting older !).

Welcome to the group

Dave

Hello, within the Last year getting into the model hobby. I have a Paul Breisch model and going to start a Claire Fetters? Spelling not sure, next.
Love the engine hobby, but the full size engines are getting heavy.

Welcome to the forum! My family is tentatively planning a trip to SD this summer. Anything that is a "must see" that might not be on the typical tourist radar?

Black Hills events are pretty much all published. But a trip to Rochford to eat at the old Moonshine Gulch Saloon. Just a cool old place. Deadwood is fun. A mine tour there or in Keystone is fun. Custer State Park is a must. Some of the cool old places are gone due to commercialization. It's a tourist trap. Us folks that live here can't even get a camping spot here. We have to dry camp in the woods. Which is fine. The Black Hills Steam And Gas Engine Threshing Bee is after rally. Plus the model engine show I just found out about.

September 23 & 24, Central States Fairground, Fine Arts Building, Rapid City SD
Are those the correct dates? That's a Friday and a Saturday. In past years the show has been on Saturday and Sunday.

That's the same weekend as the Menno Pioneer Power Show. One of these shows need to shift their dates. Lol
The past few years the two shows have been on the same weekend, but that hasn't always been the case. In 2015 they were a week apart and we were able to attend both shows. It would be nice if they could be on different weekends, but changing the dates would probably be difficult. Every show has to pick the dates that work best for them, considering the availability of their venue, volunteers, vendors, and other considerations.
John

Hey, there,
Vietti
Third weekend in August, I'm a part of a Threshing Bee/Tractor show at Huntley, Mt. I usually have a few
models on display there. Plus, I run the antique Machine Shop for the show. If you (or anyone else) would like to
see the show and display your handy work you would be welcome.
Our web site is: Antiquetractorclub.com
There are many pictures there plus all the show details.
Jon

Hello, within the Last year getting into the model hobby. I have a Paul Breisch model ...
Which Breisch model do you have? I have an Olds that is mostly finished but not running, and a set of castings for an air cooled Associated.
John

Which Breisch model do you have? I have an Olds that is mostly finished but not running, and a set of castings for an air cooled Associated.
John
I would like to see pictures of your Olds. I'm going to try to add a couple of pics here of my Hired Man. Mounting it on a board now.

Attachments

• 20220310_141621.jpg
    20220310_141621.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220310_141606.jpg
    20220310_141606.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 73
I will get some pictures of the Olds for you. At the moment it's stored in the basement. I'll have to bring it upstairs where there is better light for pictures. I will try to do it this weekend.
John

Latest posts

Back