New from Canada

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodnut

Reaction score
HI,

My name is John and I joined about a week ago. I am 43 and live in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. I have a big 0 in the model building area. I have always loved seeing these smaller engines and hearing them run. The steam engines are my favorite.

I am more a wood worker by hobby and most of my tools are related to that. About 10 years I found the Gingery Books. I built the furnace and have started the metal lathe. Then I moved 3 times and had to store my stuff for longer then I would of liked to. Over the last few weeks I have dug out the furnace and lathe and have started were I have left off. Most of today was cleaning and re-arranging the garage to make room. My wife though I was getting everything ready for winter. I’ll let her hang onto that a bit longer.

I have a bad habit of starting things then not finishing them. Now that I have pulled out the lathe again I am determined to finish it. I hope. Along with the lathe I am ¾ the way threw building a 25”x25” CNC table. This is made more for woodworking, but I have seen lots of people cut aluminum and brass on it. What most people do is built it to the plans then make a better one with the CNC machine. I am currently waiting for the stepper motors, drivers and Mach3 software to come in. I will take some picture of it after I unbury it.

I am hoping that between the CNC machine, the lathe and my drill press I can make something that will at least sputter abit.

John

welcome john..............another canuck..................whooo who ;D ;D ;D

i live about 2 hours away from you, and i think don is not far from you as well.

you better get some pictures of what you are working on cause these guys are hungry for pic's.

chuck

Welcome John I to start to many project ,I am building a ceder strip canoe Restorting a1941 J.D.H tractor.So I have lots to do.Again welcome ! Dale

John,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome John!!! ;D

Good to see another Canadian from Ontario here!
I am in Woodstock, about an hour from you.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your stuff!

Andrew

welcome John, i know how you fell about starting things and never have time to finish ;D ;D

Welcome to the forum, John. Looking forward to your pictures. wEc1

Regards,
Rudy

Latest posts

Back