• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Needing help finding local machinist

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwfami

Reaction score
Hi, new member here. I have a couple of small parts I need machined and local shops won't do it for the 1 off that I need. Anyone out there who can do some simple machining in brass or steel who would be willing to help. Must be in the United States and prefer in or near Kansas.

Thanks,

gwfami

I can send you a file showing the items. I can send it as FCStd, stl, obj, or technical drawings. Let me know which one you prefer.

Hi, new member here. I have a couple of small parts I need machined and local shops won't do it for the 1 off that I need. Anyone out there who can do some simple machining in brass or steel who would be willing to help. Must be in the United States and prefer in or near Kansas.

Thanks,

gwfami
Not in Kansas, in Washington state. Retired machinist/welder. Send me what files you got and I will look at them.
I use Autocad 2024 for all my drawings.

E. Davis

Thanks,

gwfami
You find the cost of a machine shop is high.
My father need machine work done . It cheaper to buy the lathe and have both of us to learn machine work.

Before that we had a 9" bench lathe that only use for little steel fab for metal buildings.
Then jump up to 22" America lathe this all before I could get driver license.

You will find some here that do work probably in driving distance.

I would look into learning the work too for your next project.
We can help you too.
If live in Clovis California I would teach you on your part.

You can goto a repair machine shop and get work done . The cost will be very high and cash up front.

Dave

You find the cost of a machine shop is high.
My father need machine work done . It cheaper to buy the lathe and have both of us to learn machine work.

Before that we had a 9" bench lathe that only use for little steel fab for metal buildings.
Then jump up to 22" America lathe this all before I could get driver license.

You will find some here that do work probably in driving distance.

I would look into learning the work too for your next project.
We can help you too.
If live in Clovis California I would teach you on your part.

You can goto a repair machine shop and get work done . The cost will be very high and cash up front.

Dave
Hello Dave I was lucky to find a SB Model A at auction for 500$.
It had every option including follower rest, steady rest, collet set, 3 and 4 jaw chuck and the original milling attachment. Was very lucky find.

Hello Dave I was lucky to find a SB Model A at auction for 500$.
It had every option including follower rest, steady rest, collet set, 3 and 4 jaw chuck and the original milling attachment. Was very lucky find.
10 years ago the SB 9A bench was going for about $2,000 and UMD was going higher.
So got great price on lathe fully tooled

Dave

I went to school in Toutle. There is another fellowe on this forum called Tug who lives in Castle Rock. A LOT of people in WA on this forum.
Tell me about Tug. Would be nice to find someone close that has the same interests.

Thanks

Eldon

Hi guys, Thanks for the help. I have found the assistance I was looking for.

Latest posts

Back