My own Engine

Help Support HMEM:

Paolo

Reaction score
Thanks for supporting me my friends...but instead I re soldered the two fits well known...a little drops comes from...I don't know where are from!!! I did two silver soldering session more over the cross tubes but I noticed a little seep from superior bushes..SOLDERED again...I have to try another session tomorrow trying to silver solder the medium cross tube.The externals are OK for sure!! I hope it is not a metal cracks of inner funnel !! I lost 4 bars in one hour starting from 10 bars...few drops of water in effect...but tomorrow I'll try again. I'm annoyed about it because I tested the funnel before soldering it at rest of the boiler...so why? I'll let you know.
Cheers Paolo

zeeprogrammer

Reaction score
Hi Paolo,

It must be midnight there right now. I wish I could stay up that late.

I've been following your progress with great interest. Someday I'd like to build a boiler too so this is very educational.

Not that I don't have an ulterior motive. Wife wants to visit Rome next year. I'll probably be asking for 'points of interest'. Mind you, 'machinists points of interest'. ;D

Great stuff. Thanks.

jthulin

Reaction score
Paolo, sorry to hear your troubles :(

Are you applying flux to every joint each time you heat?

Paolo

Reaction score
Most honourable members of HMEM...I'm proud to announce you, using a famous word:"WE GOT". Proceding step by step this is what occurred. I decided to try this way, with the boiler in horizontal position I putted into funnel, close to the cross tubes, about 5 centimeters of soldering wire and some flux and using my new powerfull torch I tried to use the capillarity power of the silver soldering wire for reaching every corners of the tubes rotating the boiler while hot. After the first session this afternoon the pressure dropped very slow...but!!!

I said my self:" This is the way now on newer more" and after a second session of soldering in that way...finally that was the result:

after then minutes.....

I would like to thank everyone helped me in that challenge whit advertise or simple in couraging words...Thanks again supporting me!!!

Paolo

Reaction score
Thanks Bob...I'm really happy now...thanks...Time for painting the boiler...and assemble the engine for the steam test.... :big: :big: :big:
Cheers Paolo

vlmarshall

Reaction score
Ah, that's good to see! I was wondering about your boiler progress today while at work.
I'm glad to see it's finally leak-free. :big:

Paolo

Reaction score
Hello Jeff and vlmarshall
Yes it is...Finally!! At moment the "baby" is into the oven for a perfect lacquer drying... ::)
Thanks a lot!!!!
Paolo

Groewrs

Reaction score
Good one, Paolo :)

I've been watching with great interest. Having had the joys ( :mad:) of building and pressure testing a simple pot boiler 12 years ago, I can appreciate how frustrating it must have been for you.

Keep up the good work!

Gordon

Paolo

Reaction score
Thanks Gordon...yes it have been frustrating for me but the satisfation is very big...!
Thanks
Paolo.

bearcar1

Reaction score
Bravo! Paolo!! Bravo indeed!! th_wav th_wav

We look forward to seeing the finished project after it comes out of the oven and has had a chance to cool down.

BC1
Jim

ozzie46

Reaction score

Yipeee Paolo. Good job and kudos for hanging in there. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ron

steamer

Reaction score
th_wav th_wav th_wav woohoo1 woohoo1 woohoo1

YES!.....Way to go Buddy!.......time to steam, time to steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

You don't know how happy I am you made it! That one put up a serious fit, but you prevailed my friend! Best of all, you built her right!.......

Dave

gilessim

Reaction score
Congratulazioni Paolo! tu sei uno dei pocchi Italiani con VERO pazienza !(senza offese!)

Giles

P.S. uno di questi giorni, vengo a trovarti!

Paolo

Reaction score
Hi Giles
Thanks for supporting me...Yes please It would be nice to meet in Rome maybe in front at a glass of whine!!!
Paolo

Paolo

Reaction score
Today another social event so I didn't had much time for work on my project!!!!

I have to take occasion to tank All HMEM members who helped me doing that and supporting me along that way..It was most helpful..I'm really touched...!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Best regards
Paolo

Hilmar

Reaction score
Hi Paolo,
Good job on the whole engine and the boiler.
Hilmar

ariz

Reaction score
congratulazioni anche da parte mia :bow: :bow: :bow:

WELL DONE Paolo!!!

now go on with that great engine!

Latest posts

Group Builder