My modified build of "Chucks Single"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MB that's one sweet running engine. Congratulations! :bow:
Ernie J

Beautiful job on that engine, MB. Also has a great exhaust note. Sounds just like the real thing!

Chuck

Metalbutcher---What an excellent thread!!! And what a neat running engine. Congratulations and a karma to you!!! I have been researching all the threads related to Chuck Fellows engine and Superfasts conversion of it to a hit and miss engine. Many of my unanswered questions are now much clearer because of your excellent pictures in this thread. Thank you very much.---Brian

MetalButcher - thanks for the thread. Beautiful engine.
I had read some of the thread some time ago...I reread it tonight.

What is 'parkerize'?
What color green is that and where did you get it?

As for the purist (your comment about screws)...yeah I don't worry about them. Once in a while you come across someone (purist or not) who's looking down their nose. Risky...I might be trying to stuff something up it. :)

Again thanks. Very enjoyable.

zeeprogrammer said:
What is 'parkerize'?

From Wikipedia:
Parkerizing (also called phosphating and phosphatizing) is a method of protecting a steel surface from corrosion and increasing its resistance to wear through the application of an electrochemical phosphate conversion coating. Parkerizing is usually considered to be an improved zinc or manganese phosphating process, and not to be an improved iron phosphating process, although some use the term parkerizing as a generic term for applying phosphating (or phosphatizing) coatings that does include the iron phosphating process. Parkerizing is commonly used on firearms as a more effective alternative to bluing, which is another electrochemical conversion coating that was developed earlier. The Parkerizing process cannot be used on non-ferrous metals such as aluminum, brass, or copper. It similarly cannot be applied to steels containing a large amount of nickel, or on stainless steel. (See Passivation for protecting other metals.)

Latest posts

Back