My modest shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MakMov

Reaction score
P1010027-2.jpg

I do have my own private potty. ;)

That looks like a very nice place to have some fun.
Nice to have a throne close by, too!

Thanks for the pic.

Dean

Thanks, I am just getting started with the mini mill and lathe.

I am upto making some basic helicopter parts. It still seems like everytime I turn around I need a new tool, fixture, or measuring device, but I am getting there little by little.

MakMov said:
It still seems like everytime I turn around I need a new tool, fixture, or measuring device, but I am getting there little by little.

Get used to it ;D

Very nice shop. The great thing about have tools is that you can make many of the tools you find you need.

Nice shop I have often wanted a paint booth. I usually just step out the bck door and paint under the overhang.
Tin

I love that collection of plastic models.

but where do you sit? :eek: you need a stool with a rotating seat. ;)

for sure.

sitting and spinning,
Kermit

No fear. I sit over here.

P1010093.jpg

That's some of my plastic anyway

P1010031-1.jpg

Nice setup.

It looks like you own a Hobby Shop.

Have you built all of those models?

If so, when do you have time to do anything else?

SAM

Thanks,

It looks like you own a Hobby Shop.

I have heard that before.

No, those are all unbuilt. I did have the intention to build every singe one of them when I bought them; however, as you can see I haven't got around to building most of the yet. There is only about 450 kits + 1 wooden ship, dozens of stick and tissue, 10 scale RC airplanes, 18 RC helis, 2 RC cars

It keeps me more or less out of trouble.

Lately I have been learning to use my mill and lathe building up tooling, and working on some drawings for a small 60 Degree 48 valve overhead cam V12 IC.

I drew up a really tiny 10mm bore X 7.5mm stroke but the smallest plugs I could find wer 10-40 thread and couldn't fit 4 valves and that plug in the chamber so I am upscaling it.

A 16mm bore is about as small as one can go realisticlly with 4 valves per cyclinder and a commerically avaliable Viper plug.

I just got a get a new photo etching kit, since I sold my Autoetch, and update my resin casting equipment and I will have a pretty complete in-house model shop.

Nice shop MakMov. My shop serves a dual purpose like yours. I machine and build my engines and I also build my plastic there although my stash is nowhere as large as yours. I mostly build cars and bikes with the occasional plane thrown in.
It doesn't look like you have your mill bolted down. Does that give you any problems?
gbritnell

It is not, and no, it hasn't really gave me problems.

I will eventually build an another bench for the lathe, mill and press and bolt them down then.

MakMov said:
...working on some drawings for a small 60 Degree 48 valve overhead cam V12 IC.

Please start up a WIP build thread for this one!

Latest posts

Back