My Hoglet

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really really awesome.
I'm sold. It's going in my (ever bulging) project book.
But with a high priority!

Hi Mr Shafter, I havent tried the OS carb, been making my own.
Thinking about a surface carb like Jan Ridder.

I've got a video of #3 running in 'my photos' someplace but not sure how to 'attach' it onto here.
I'm just not too swooft with this new-fangled computer stuff.....

Damn, I really need a job so I can buy materials and get back on mine.
What do we do now about a coil ?
Google the carb P/N there are other hobby sights that have the O/S Carb.

hi diy, youtube eh. I'll have to get my kid to show me how to do this stuff.

BMyers said:
Damn, I really need a job so I can buy materials and get back on mine.
What do we do now about a coil ?
Google the carb P/N there are other hobby sights that have the O/S Carb.

BMyers.
I ordered the coil(Exiter) and hall effect ignition kit from Hemmingwaykits yesterday

Randal mybee you have plans for a suitable carb. ;D

CS

Jasonb said:
I think this may be Randels Hog

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDvk...31.msg37039;topicseen&feature=player_embedded

CS I'll pm you later about a carb

Jason
Jason.
I'm still waiting. ;D

Been kind of slow in progress last days. Been busy regards moving my beloved Myford to my nephew, who is a very happy guy right now. Two days after the move of the Myford lathe I was lucky to find and bought a small Enco 5CNC lathe also for my nephew. ;D. so I've been kind of busy "trading" lathes. I do this of pride and happiness because he is a good guy and I know he will take very good care of them.
Regards CS

Hi all.
Been kind of slow for some time. I have had some trouble with my back for some time, so lathe-work has been a pain.
But have managed to make the carb. for the Hoglett, borrowed drawings from a friend.
Here are some pics.
DSCF7043.jpg

DSCF7056.jpg

DSCF7060.jpg

Still waiting for the ignition system (Hall sensor) to arrive from Hemmingway Kits.

Regards CS

zeeprogrammer said:
Very nice!
Hope the back gets better fast!
Hi all and Happy New Year.
There has been some time since I have posted on this thread. The Hoglet has been on the shelf for some time cause to much job issues last couple of months.
We where moving the shop and sparepartsdep. to an new location in our town.

During the hollydays,( between familystuff) I managed to make the gastank for the Hoglet.
I like to show you some pics. of it. Here we go:
DSCF1372.jpg

DSCF1371.jpg

DSCF1366.jpg

DSCF1367.jpg

DSCF1364.jpg

Crankshafter.

Crankshafter

That's a beauty! You're doing really nice work there.

Regards, Joe

Oh, very pretty, Crankshafter!
Glad to see you back.

Dean

Real nice work on the tank and petcock. Did you use a taper pin reamer for the body of the petcock?
gbritnell

gbritnell said:
Real nice work on the tank and petcock. Did you use a taper pin reamer for the body of the petcock?
gbritnell
The tankbody is from a "clock weigth" I found at the local scrapyard. End covers:0.5mm shimstock, male/female die and a 10 pound sledge hammer :big:
george: I made a taper D-bit for reaming the petcock body, works great.
dean,joe: thanks for the words. my youngest liked it so much that she put it up in the Christmastree ;D
Thanks
Crankshafter.

Lovely work Crankshafter, I'll have to go through this from the start though to fully appreciate it!

Well done,

Nick

Hi Crankshafter - Did you ever put the finishing touches to your UPSHUR TWIN? The last post I could find was August 31 2009. You were coming along very nicely with this engine. - Bill

Sweet!
That petcock was just incredible!! as was the rest of your work, amazing! :bow: :bow:
Can't wait to see it run, are you putting fishtail pipes on it? ;D

Might even sneake around to your house to catch a glimpse :-X

Keep it coming

Orjan (Ser ikke på fotball heller :big:)

Hi crankshafter - have you made any progress on your Hoglet? Deep into winter here in Oz, so I guess it's warming up over your way ;)

This is a very interesting project, I am watching closely. In the first post you show the crank webs and flywheels. How does the crank web assembly go in the flywheels? Press fit?

I need to get a set of these plans.

Thanks, Bob

Back