Kinner 5 cylinder radial

Help Support HMEM:

RonGinger

Reaction score
There were two versions of the Kinner published. The smaller was simplified. I do not have the issue numbers .

davidyat

HMEM Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
oldengineguy, yes there probably will be a copyright issue. I ran into this problem when I wanted to do the VW Boxer in the Model Engineer Magazine and some people asked if I could make copies for them. It said in the page where you find the editor and such listed, "You may not make copies of anything in the magazine without permission from the editor". Ask Cogsy, he knows much of this stuff.
Grasshopper

peter smith

Reaction score
Done some more work on the Kinner this week bored some holes in the gear case to lubricate gears and cams also drilled extra holes in the con rods.

Attachments

peter smith

Reaction score
If you build the Kinner radial be aware of some mistakes on the drawings cross check mating parts, the rocker perch is the worsted example it is the wrong height and position, the mounting hole for it on the cylinder head is also not the best, you may need to change position and size to make it fit.

peter smith

Reaction score
The Kinner k-5 is ready for the first assembly I have bored holes through cam case into the crankcase to enable oil to transfer. all the cams are now fitted and timed. after first assembly I will strip clean fit piston rings and seal all joint faces. I will post more pictures when assembled

Attachments