Just joined. Have inherited an Emcomat 7. Has a few issues so seeking knowledge

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter

Reaction score
Hi. I inherited an Emcomat 7. It has a few issues so seeking knowledge

Welcome.

I don't know anything about an Emcomat 7 lathe, but I did inherit a Grizzly, and had to learn from scratch how to operate it, so I know the feeling.

I am sure someone here can assist you.

Good luck.

Pat J

There is an io group for Emco lathes which is worth joining, although it says V10 in the name it does cover the other machines. I used to have the Emcomat 8.6 which is very similar to the 7

https://groups.io/g/emcoV10lathe

Welcome
Most likely problems are the piano that controls the rpm and direction of motor and that the gearbox selector forks,made of toothpaste are broken.
Solution?
Three phase AC motor and converter

The toolholder system is very flexible and web is full of drawings of how to make it more rigid

Welcome
Most likely problems are the piano that controls the rpm and direction of motor and that the gearbox selector forks,made of toothpaste are broken.
Solution?
Three phase AC motor and converter

The toolholder system is very flexible and web is full of drawings of how to make it more rigid
I had a Maximat 7 and agree, that switch could be a real pain if it fails, otherwise I really liked it. They do require care though as the flat ways collect swarf and are soft, so they have to be kept very clean, replacing the felt wipers would be a good start.

Back