Inspiration and a project

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder keg

Reaction score
It's funny how you can be surfing the net or visiting a friend and all of a sudden something pops into your head and you need to build it. A lot of times it will be similar to something you saw or a combination of several things. A friend of mine let me borrow some patterns for a toy he built. I cast them a few months ago and have been working on them when time allows. I had been trying to figure out a way to display the finished toy and found the answer on youtube. I'll share a couple photos here so you can see the progress. I'm also being kind of vague to help keep the interest up a bit.
foxes_17.gif
foxes_17.gif
foxes_17.gif

I needed a couple rollers so I made them up on my lathe. The big one is 3" in diameter. On the smaller rollers there is a small washer that I made also.
CIMG0609.jpg

I silver soldered the studs to a frame that will hold the rollers. I'm getting better at soldering. I'm happy with the way everything is turning out so far.
CIMG0614.jpg

Have a great day, Wesley

Hi Wes

Looks like a pipe bender or similar ???
Nice work.

All the best

Malcolm

This will be 100% toy. Maybe even steam powered if all goes well:eek:) I'll get a couple more pictures up tomorrow. I plan on spending the weekend in the shop:eek:) Except for Sunday morning, Need to fish some then.

Hope all are well, Wesley

Here is another quick picture. I wonder what this does?
CIMG0637.jpg

I did some more silver soldering today. What fun!!! I can't wait till I get good at it:eek:)

Wes

Wes, That looks like an A sharp or B flat (or some other letter) tunning fork. :)
...lew...

Is it a Pipe snuffled wombat ringer?? ??? ;D :p

Ok so you got me hooked! Whatsit? ..... I know, I'll have to wait like all the others.... Damn!

Well it's erm, shiny and erm, neat.... That's about all I can say about it until I know what I'm looking at!!

Keep the pic's coming Wes ;D

Ralph.

Nah, everybody knows that a Pipe snuffled wombat ringer is made out of square bar.

We await with bated breath.

That last picture was a dead give away. Your building a unicycle. :big:

Hmmmm. Unicycle sounds like a good guess. I end up thinking something like the one I saw on here (I think it was Birks).

How about a compound slingshot??

Eric

Perhaps it's a toy. I remember those toys you hang from the ceiling where a unicycle rides back and forth on the wire. Maybe the big "pulley" goes in the forks and the little "pulleys" hold the string. In fact, perhaps it will be part of Wesley's steam-powered travelling medicine show of fun. The siren will fit right in.

Fun to watch!

BW

I was also going to say that it may be some kind of wheeled device after seeing the shape of the second pic. ::)

Then I figured I cheat a little and see if I could find more pics at photobucket. Boy did I get a surprise, Wes is into miniature cannons and motorcycles. :eek: I like the ring cannon on your wife's hand. Gives a whole new meaning to shot gun wedding. :big:

Anyway, didn't find a clue as to what Wes is making. All I can say after seeing all those pics is that it sure will be interesting.

Hey Wes, ever think of putting up a web site with all that interesting stuff you do?

Bernd

I am going for a bycle! The fixture is to ben tube for the frame...... ;)

Latest posts

Back