IC engine plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes

Reaction score
I'm looking for some IC engine plans that require no castings. I'm in the middle of building a foundery but have no experience in casting. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wes

If you get more specific about what you want to build, Folks could steer you in the direction you want go. There are so many types like stationary, aero, automotive, 4 stroke, 2 stroke, ect. How may cylinders would be a big help.

I'd prefer single cylinder, 4 stroke plans, for a stationary engine and thanks for the tip.

Hi wes
I will recomend building the Webster engine:
1cyl., no castings, spark ignition,easy to build, runs great.
just my 2 cent ;D

Crankshafter

There is a set of plans available for a hit and miss engine built without any castings. The cylinder is made from a piece of cast iron 1 3/8"x3 1/4". It has a 1 1/8" bore and 1 1/2" stroke. They come in a forty page booklet They are available from Harold Depenbush, 309 S. Delaware, Columbus, KS 66725. His e-mail address is [email protected]. As I recall, they cost around $20.00-$30.00. They were recommended on one of the hobby machining discussion boards.

Jack

I'd second the opinion that a Webster would be a good first IC. I've never done one, but search You Tube for them and you'll see some great videos showing the work of young people all the way up to "young" people my age. They are on my list for a first IC after I learn some skills on the simpler air/steam engines.

Ed

My first IC engine was the Upshur Single, air cooled. Was a fairly easy build. I got the plans from SIC magazine. Just a suggestion. Good luck and happy machining. ironman

Hey, I took a look at those Webster plans and even downloaded them. I think that might be a good place to start. I would like to see at least one of the videos, but I live about 10 miles from the middle of nowhere and have dial-up service. Those two things just don't go together.

Thanks,
Wesley

Just start the download, read a newspaper and about 45 minutes later you should have a 2 minute video available w/dial-up. Somebody here just did a nice Webster this last month! ;D Dave.

Latest posts

Back