Black Widow V8 difficulty?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_1821

Reaction score
I’ve been wanting to build a V8 engine at some point along the way, although I’m currently in the middle of building a 5” Lion at the moment but there is an opportunity for me to buy the castings and drawings for the Black Widow V8.

I’ve been trying to do some research but there is very little out there and I’m wondering if anyone could post any pictures or their experience on how difficult it wound be to make? I initially thought I’d do the little demon V8 but after seeing a few videos on YouTube the black widow looks and sounds magnificent and I know there are very few casting kits still available.

I just recently purchased the castings and drawings for the Black Widow. It seems like there is some information missing. Curious if anyone has details on the distributer drive and rotor? Also looking for pushrod details and well as the lifters. I also don’t see any information on the water pump/oil pump pulleys and belt. I maybe too spoiled after working with the Little Demon plans.

I just recently purchased the castings and drawings for the Black Widow. It seems like there is some information missing. Curious if anyone has details on the distributer drive and rotor? Also looking for pushrod details and well as the lifters. I also don’t see any information on the water pump/oil pump pulleys and belt. I maybe too spoiled after working with the Little Demon plans.
I am in the same boat as you, I don't understand the plans or stuff is missing as you stated. M y trouble is in the same areas as you stated. If you come across easier to read (understand) plans, please forward a copy to me.....Steve

I am working on my own cad drawings. I am starting on the block here shortly and work on drawings for the missing items. I was given a phone number for one of the original designers and I have yet to call him. I have been too busy with my full time job. There are more in the same boat so maybe between us all we can get this completed. ....... Mark

Latest posts

Back