I need Gears

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugnut

Reaction score
I got the drawings for the little UPSHUR Farm engine today. I ordered the back issues of the "Strictly I.C. That featured the little Farm engine. I don't have any way to index the cutting of gears so I will buy those. That is if I can find where to get them. Two gears, The Crankshaft gear is: 48 pitch, 20° pressure angle, 30 teeth, .666 O.D. The Cam gear is: 48 pitch, 20 ° pressure angle, 60 teeth, 1.291 O. D. Both can be steel, brass or aluminum. Any help would be appreciated. And I think after looking at the plans I'll need a bunch :shock:
Thanks
Mel

Mel,
Did you check their list of local suppliers. They supply a lot of local hobby shops. You might be able to find what your looking for locally and not have to deal with them directly. Just a thought. Good luck !!!
Ralph

GREAT SITE!
I like their pricing on 3" long pieces of cast iron, brass and aluminum stock.

That is a great site! Lots of goodies & very reasonable.

Thanks Chuck, I marked them in my favorites center
Mel

Thanks for posting the link, Mel.

I am interested in doing a combustion engine but feel I need to do a couple of steam engines first to get my small tools in order.

Kenny

I used smallparts a few months back to obtain some bits that aren't readily available in the UK.
They were great, got everything I needed, came to $45. Then came the crunch, $60 for shipping. It wasn't a great big package, about 10" x 8" padded bag and weighed next to nothing.
At least the highwaymen in the UK had the decency to wear masks.

John

Latest posts

Back