Homemade Digital Scriber mods

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzetati

Reaction score
Long time ago I had made myself a digital scriber from a chinese caliper (and the angled part of a hand scriber).

IMG_0077.jpg

It worked OK for me, if it were not for the lack of fine ajustement of the pointer (I could spend minutes into trying to get the proper reading on the display).

That already slotted piece of scrap on the vice was almost of the correct dimensions for the job.
(Please, DO NOT note the reamer I used instead of a milling bit to bring the slot to size *)

IMG_2024.jpg

Then, I drilled the head of an M4 screw, and tapped it M2.5 to accept the threaded portion of the longest M2.5 I had.

IMG_2028.jpg

Lastly, two threaded holes, into the bracket and caliper head support.

IMG_2033.jpg

While I was at it, I also replaced the locking screw of the scriber which had partially stripped.
(The original one I had made entirely from 6mm barstock: this time I sacrificed another m2.5 screw to get the threaded part)

Marcello

---
*) There were no small bits that deep into the tools drawers... and that reamer was puchased by weight.

Latest posts

Back