Hi new to the forum

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynt

Reaction score
Hello my name is Adrian i am from the UK (Darlington) and i am new to both the forum and machining as a hobby.

Just started on my very first engine taken from plans gleaned from this site, if i don't completely mess it up , a fairly high probability i might add , i will post pictures later for you.

Oh nice to join such an active community.

No one will be laughing. They may offer advice or other ways of doing things. No one is put down here. So post the pics and enjoy the company.

I know you are probably joking but some one else seeing it might not take it that way. I don't mean this to sound harsh,just informative.

Ron

Welcome Adrian. By all means do post pictures...we are always interested and you won't find any laughing or put downs here.

Bill

Point taken post edited, blame my English humour.

Welcome Flynt, and never mind - a bit of humour is always welcome as well.

Welcome to HMEM Adrian.

Rick

tel said:
a bit of humour is always welcome as well.

By all means. I didn't mean to suggest humor is not welcome and even encouraged.

Ron

Welcome to the forum Flynt.
Lots of help around here.
What engine are you working on?

Flynt,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome aboard, Adrian. As a fellow beginner, I appreciate the woes and problems and errors posted by we newbies. It teaches the pit falls to avoid and reinforces basic techniques and safe practices.

So post away. We will all learn a lot. Have fun, jump in, be safe.

wEc1

Ed

Welcome Adrian:
Messing up your first model is not allowed. You may make as many practice pieces as needed you may set is aside for days weeks or months. just do not give up and it will turn out fine.
Like I have said the home shop is like a university engineering lab . no mistakes just lot of learning experiences and opportunities.
Tin

Welcome Flynt

Newbie to the forum myself, so we have to feel our way around.

There is a wealth of information on this forum just for the asking.
Don’t worry about silly, there are no silly questions! Just enquiries and solutions.
An error, it’s just another learning curve.

The person who says “I have never made a mistake“, never made anything!

Adrian,

Welcome aboard.

I'm new to this hobby and board as well.

I have learned so much from the members.

Mostly been making tooling and repair my tired old machine.

You are amongst a very talented and generous group.

SAM

Welcome aboard Flynt. Lots of good people and good information here. Any problems or questions and someone will help. ironman

Latest posts

Back