Hi Guys

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeschn

Reaction score
Just joined your forum.

I'm hoping to model some engines in my cad program, and then machine them in the basement, on tools I don't even own yet. !!! Well, I have a CNC router, which is good for wood, but I think I need a cnc mill and a cnc lathe.

Am I the only one who started out that way?

Anyways, I would like to start by modeling a simple rc airplane type engine in my cad program. I would need some blueprints... anyone have any suggestions?

Mike...

Welcome to HMEM Mike.

We ALL started out EXACTLY that way! ;)

Rick

And welcome from the right side of Australia as well.

Mike,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

We've had the centre and the right now it's the bottom's turn, (apart from our Taswegian), and that's a worry in itself. :hDe:

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome from the main south island, that's the one that keeps the top island balanced.

KenM

Welcome to the forum Mike.

No, I didn't start out that way. I didn't have a CNC router.

But I had a hacksaw, a hand drill, and a bit! Couple of fellows here said that's all I needed. ;D

I don't listen to them anymore.

thanks for the welcome guys...

If I were to go to Harbor Freight, what's the smallest mini lathe I can buy and not shoot myself in the foot for buying something too small?

I don't really know what sized projects I'll be building, but I don't suspect I'd build any bigger that this...

v4.jpg

Mike...

Welcome to HMEM Mike from W, KY.
I'm new at this just like you but this is a nice bunch people here and all you have to do is just ask Thm:
goofy063

Just an opinion (and you know what they are worth) but I would not go smaller than 9x20 on the lathe. Go up to a 10" throw with gear box if you have the room and can afford it.

You will never be sorry if you go larger.

Latest posts

Back