Hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vigsgb

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Greg and I have been collecting the equipment to start my adventures in machining for about two years now (all mini bench top items).

I have a Mini Lathe and Mini Mill with what I think are the essential cutting tools for each piece of equipment.

When I first got my lathe two years ago I made a tap guide out of a piece of brass and then tried to make a generator out of castings which I ended up tossing in the garbage as well as some other nice pieces of scrap. Everything seemed so far out of line and loose on the machines as well as not having the correct cutting tools I stopped and started collecting what I thought would help me be successful in this hobby (Boring head, quick tool post, boring bars, mills, parallels etc...) Now that I have all those items I am going to give it another crack.

My next project is to build a mini bench top hacksaw so I can cut my material much easier. Doing it by hand is not fun..

I will create a thread as I get going and post pictures, updates, get advise and some help when I need it.

Can't start this project until I get the ok from the doctor as I am recovering from a recent back surgery, but as soon as I get the ok I will be working a little bit at a time on the project.

Glad to be part of this forum and hope I did not bore you with this introduction.

:0)

Latest posts

Back