Hello from Springtucky Oregon

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnerjohn

Reaction score
Sorry I have not introduced myself until now. I have been lurking around and drooling over many of the projects on this forum and really enjoy them. A little about who I am.
I am a few classes away from completing my AAS in Manufacturing Technology with CNC at Lane Community College. I came back to machining after a 5 year retail management stint and am beyond happy of my decision. I am deciding on a project for Spring term that I have to complete. It has to be a combination of both CNC and Manual machining to show proficiency in both. Usually this project involves 8 hours a day for 3 days a week but I've decided to split the time with my CAM classes so my time will be cut in half. Hopefully the college will allow me to perform additional machining time at home. I have a Millpwr equipped 2 axis Bridgeport and a 14x40 Birmingham Lathe in my garage shop that I enjoy using.
I will keep this forum up to date with what project I choose and will post lots of pics.

Gunner

Welcome to the forum gunner. I'm pretty new to it myself. Sounds like you can do some fairly good sized projects with that equipment. I'm teaching myself with books and videos. Wish I could take some classes. I have a Taig mill(cnc) and a sherline lathe. I just aquired a Grizzly g0704 mill and an Enco 9x20 lathe.

Wil

Welcome Gunner, I look forward to some interesting work (and photos)

Jim

Good to see another Oregonian here Gunner. Good for you for learning how to do it right at LCC!

Be wellcome Gunner!!
I`m happy to see people from Oregon here. Besides living in Brazil I have travelled many times to Portland as an employee of an Origonian company that produces saw chain. They have a plant here in Brazil. Not working for them anymore but I still have good friends there. I like that area so much.

Good luck on your coming project. Keep us happy with lot of pictures.

Edi

Latest posts

Back