Hello from Michigan

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentRods

Reaction score
I've been a lurker for a long time now and have been amazed by the craftsmanship of the members on the site. I've decided to join as I'm hoping to start my first engine build within a year.

A brief history: I'm 23, recently completed my mechanical engineering degree and currently work as a designer/analyst. I've always told myself that if I don't know how to make it I refuse to design it. I started machining/welding about 4 years ago when I started my FSAE/Baja experience at the university. Now I'm ready to purchase my own machines and start making chips! That G8689 mill that just posted looks just about perfect too!

The plan is to start simple with a few air powered wobblers and slowly move into the ICE's. I eventually want to get to the level with forced induction using rapid prototyped components, however that is far above my capabilities as of now. I enjoy making things from scratch and am here to learn.

Erik

Currently live in Flint but hoping to move near Brighton this year.

... I've always told myself that if I don't know how to make it I refuse to design it...

Erik

Welcome Erik, that's a great attitude; nothing destroys your credibility quicker than sending out drawings for something that can't be made. Also think about access to wearing parts for replacement. Having to dismantle an entire device to get at a part is one sign of poor design.

I look forward to seeing what you produce (and how you do it).

Jim

welcome to the forum . sounds like you are off to a good start . machine tool training and a plan.
Tin

Back