Hello from Germany

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuellerNick

Reaction score
Hi!

I have been reading here from time to time, and finally decided that it is time to register.

I live in Germany, in the outback of Munich in a little village.

As a teen, I decided to build my own IC engines. Well, things didn't work exactly as intended, so it took "a bit" longer than planned.

I registered, because I want to show you a milestone of my current project. But you have to be a bit patient. The casting right now is in the oven for burning out the core.

So why did I register?
Because I'm nuts with IC engines. Hope to find others that are nuts like me. ;)

Oh!
Some will know my name. I'm the one (at least one of them) with the scraping videos on YouTube.

Nick

Welcome to HMEM, Nick. I think you will like the crowd that hangs out here, we're all pretty easy to get along with, especially if you are as crazy about engines as the rest of us! As for your hobby taking a bit longer than you first planned, I know the feeling! I wanted to start with steam engines 30 years ago. I did build one 35 years ago in high school, and eventually built another with my son as a small project using borrowed machines, but I am just know getting going with my own equipment. I never had much of an interest in the IC engines until I started hanging out in this forum, and now I can't wait to build a couple of gassers in addition to some of the steamers that I have on my project list.

Scraping has been something of a hot topic here from time to time, especially as more individuals give it a try. Your input will be most welcome.

And here is the link to my current project.

I wanted to build an engine completely from scratch. Without plans, without castings. An empty sheet of paper to start with.

This is my previous IC engine I have built:
2fb.jpg
Bought the plans and castings from Emidio Gattafoni.

Edit:
I do have a video of it a YT. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pa7K287VlU"]Linky[/ame]

Nick

Welcome from "down under" Nick. It's a great forum. Lots of info and lots of fun.

Nick that is great looking engine, love all the detail work. Aslo enjoyed your scraping videos:)

A very warm welcome to the forum, Nick. Engines are a wonderful thing to be nuts about! and your workmanship is wonderful too!
Stew.

Nick, the videos were great. I own an MG 12 similar to the one in your video. Sometime I'd like to get it near as precise as the one that you did in that video,

Latest posts

Back