Hello all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliottmoreton

Reaction score
Hello All.

Im from the UK so hello to those across the pond.:hDe:

I have a background in Model cars, and I am a Engineering Student, having studied two years already and now on a apprenticeship I would like to make a small two stroke/four stroke engine. Not too complex, yet not too simple. I have seen some of Jan Ridders engines and they are pretty well built. I have also seen the TINY IC Engine which is probably my favourite so far because of its smoothness and how well it runs, but looks very complex. Maybe I just see the big part list and think Wow. I have access to a fairly large machine shop with Horizontal, Turret, CNC Mills etc as well as Lathes. If anyone has any recommendations then please let me know. I will be browsing this site for a while in the time being as it's very interesting!

Many Thanks wEc1

If you like the Tiny, then build one. It is well designed and there are a few running engines here built from those plans. Don't let the large parts list scare you. It's the same as eating an elephant, one bite at a time.

Welcome elliottmoreton, there are several people here with experience in building and getting a Tiny to run (I'm not one of them).

Jim

Thank you all.

So I have a question, are these plans available in metric or will I have to convert them?

Having had another look at the Tiny IC Plans, I feel for my first 'build' I may want to consider a Metric build instead. I have no problem converting a Imperial to Metric but errors can occur and would probably prefer Metric. Are there Tiny Metric Plans available? Or what Metric IC Engine plans are available, or any other Metric Engine plans? Most things are imperial :(

Latest posts

Back