Gerry's Beam Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just a really really cool looking piece of equipment, great job. Tad

Don, very good looking engine, looking foward to the video . Larry

It's looking great, Don. Even the fasteners look well and proper. Nice work!

Dean

Thank you all for your kind comments,gives me that little push to get on with it.
Don

Beam20.jpg

Beam22.jpg

Finished at last,and it works Vid to follow,flywheel borrowed from my stuart s50 ,base not finishedyet.
Don

Don

That sure turned out nice! :bow: :bow:
I've long been a sucker for beam engines, this one has reinforced my appreciation of the style.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joe

Don, great looking beam engine. I have always thought, that beam engines were something, with all their moving parts and everything else. larry1

You've done a beautiful job, Don. It looks great!
Looking forward to the video!

Dean

Hi

That's a great looking engine Don. I'm a big fan of the beam style as well.

Cheers

Rich

Don,

Nice engine.

The touch of green paint is a nice highlight.

I'll be watching for the video.

Regards,

SAM

Very nice! I've got to build this one some day.

Ron

Very nice work Don. I think beam engines are one of the most fascinating engines out there with all their mechanical linkages. You have done a super job on this one. What sized flywheel are you going to use?
gbritnell

Thank you all again for the kind remarks,I hope it has inspired a few to build one,it is an odd design for a beam engine but fun to build.
I must get back to my traction engine next week.
How do you guys put two or more photos in the post,I have an awlful job with it :-[,I have to go in and out of the site and modify each time ,there must be a better way.
Don

Great job Don !

Multiple photos are done just like the first one; Just press <Enter> between each one. If you have a browser that supports multiple tabs, keep one open for the tab where you are writing your post, and the other for your photobucket account. Then copy the first link from photobucket, and paste it in your post. Press <enter>, then on the tab with photobucket, go to the next photo, copy the link, and go back to the tab with your post, and paste. You're welcome to give a shout if you need further help or clarification.

Regards, Arnold
Sigh... So many projects so little time...

Thanks Arnold,Ill have another go next time.
Don

Here is the Vid,not very good,but shows it does work

great job Don, very well done :bow:

and a good runner too!

Don,

Nice video.

Looks to me that it runs well.

After it is broken in, I would like to see how slow it will go.

Regards,

SAM

Latest posts

Back