Gerry's Beam Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Doc,coming from you that's encouraging.
Don

Nice work Don... :bow:
Best Regards
Paolo

Thank you for sharing this build with us I am really enjoying it. :bow:

Ian (seagar)
Coffs Harbour
Australia.

It's a pleasure Ian,it is nice to show the work to people who know about these things,most folk take a quick glance and say " very nice" with out a thought as to what is involved in the making.
Don

don-tucker said:
It's a pleasure Ian,it is nice to show the work to people who know about these things,most folk take a quick glance and say " very nice" with out a thought as to what is involved in the making.
Don
I get that a lot from people that are not involved or are not very mechanicly incline but on the most part I conseder that they have never tried to make anything as people in this hobby have done. And I have to say there are a lot of very talented people on this board!
You keep up the good work it does look very nice!

Crank and bearings complete,Conrod next.I built the crank up then locktite and pinned the three shafts,came out nice and true,that was a bit of luck.
beam7.jpg

Don

don-tucker said:
I built the crank up then locktite and pinned the three shafts,came out nice and true,that was a bit of luck.
Don

I have a feeling it wasn't just luck, Don. The assembly looks very nice! Good work.

Dean

Another couple of pics,progress seems slow but I have to do these things as the inspiraton takes me,anyway conror completed.
Beam8.jpg

Beam9.jpg

Don

Your engine's coming along nicely Don Thm:
And no worries about working only when inspired; makes for less mistakes.

Regards, Arnold

That's a sturdy looking little thing ain't it? I guess it's not that little either. Thanks for the hint on using the RT for the bling. Copied and pasted into Onenote.

Nice thread, nice work.

-Trout

Cylinder nearly done,leaving the tricky links till last so I can concentrate on them
Beam10.jpg

Can't make up my mind weather to round the cylinder off or leave it square.
Don

Very very nice job thus far, can't wait to see it running !!

Mike

Not a lot to show really ,been called to domestic duties like making a pond etc,etc.
Beam11.jpg

My method of making the links may be of intested,I didn't fancy making these for a while but came up with this and it was easy,put a centre in a bit of 1/4" round ,turned the 1/16 dia and the two ends to size with a running centre in one end,leaving the ends long,cut of then milled the 4 flats,that left drilling the holes and finishing the ends off.I now have another 8 to go :'(
Don

Don,
This is going to be a really great looking engine. Thanks for posting.
Dennis

Thanks Dennis,that's praise indeed coming from you,your traction engine is remarkable,can't wait to resume Minnie ,
Don

That's a right nice looking assembly, Don. Looks very well done.

Dean

Just a bit more done,anothe week should see it finished at the rate I'm going
Beam12.jpg

Don

Your beam engine's coming along very nicely indeed Don!

I'm looking forward to your progress.

Regards, Arnold

Back