G'day!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluecat

Reaction score
Ahoy, fellow machinists,

I've posted a few times before, but never got around to introducing myself.
I live in Estonia and I'm well on my way of becoming an adult, currently scoring in at 16 long years. These years, especially last three ones have resulted in me becoming part engineer and part machinist, not to mention musician. Somewhere around December 2011 I ground up some 3mm cutting tools and a handle, then made a tool rest and started experimenting with lathe setups. Since then I've turned some pretty decent things, however the setups are not rigid enough so I'll need to think of something better. A few days back I missed out on a chance to get a decent watchmakers lathe plus milling setup... for €200. Sad. But they say... The way things turned out is probably good for something. :)

My main interests include steam engines in general. I like doing boilerwork, although I'm yet on the learning curve. I've also built an oscillating engine, which ran well until wear and tear did its job. It needs some new parts turned, but my current turning setup isn't up to turning the 10mm piston. To be honest, 1/2 of the engine would need to be rebuilt. So I have other projects in mind.

I will not be posting much around here, just lurking around from time to time, gathering words of wisdom.

Cheers, Timo ;)

Timo,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

G'day Timo. Welcome aboard. I also have a 6 and a 1 in my age and also on a learning curve ;D

Latest posts

Back