First Engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shopguy said:
If I remember correctly the paint on that engine was green enamel for metal. Just wanted enough to set of the flywheel, fluted connecting rod etc.

Thanks, Ernie. I like the way you did it and have swiped the idea for future reference. :D

BEst regards,

Kludge ... Shamelessly stealing ideas for years

Here is my first one, did not have anything to make the flywheel with so an old valve handle served the purpose, sure like the one you have posted especially the one that Kevin posted must tell us more about it, Lathe Nut
wobblerengine.jpg

This is my first attempt at building a steam engine. I built it out of scrap I had around the shop. I was pretty tickled when at actually ran.

very nice engine :bow:

i was wondering what the gas engine model is in the back ground of the video?

chuck

Iron horse:
Thanks for the link on the put puts. I knew there was a reason I was saving all those olive oil cans.
That hull design with a few refinements and mods would also make a nice little "real " model steam boat. Several years ago I saw a boat of similar design in the Toy building at the Shelburne Museum In Vermont. It was powered by a little oscillator similar to the James Senf, Mini-kin in Steam and Stirling book one it IIRC it had a small simple horizontal copper tank boiler with alcohol burner. The the fuel tank was built into the hull also made of tin plate.
Tin

Chuck, it is a 1/2 scale of a 1/2 hp New Holland that I have been working on this winter. Every once in a while I get a little discussed with the castings and the prints, so I work on something else for awhile.

I just finished "Chuck's horizontal engine". I also built "Brian's slinky" and have a Atkinson about half done since I started the New Holland.

It's been a long winter.

Latest posts

Back