Webster Engine Success

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It almost looks like the paper is getting sucked up towards the exhaust. Maybe your exhaust valve is staying open a little bit too long? The paper may be acting like a valve and closing off the exhaust as the piston is starting the intake stroke.

I don’t know if I would let it bother me too much since it does run nicely as it is.

Just my theory and opinion.

It almost looks like the paper is getting sucked up towards the exhaust. Maybe your exhaust valve is staying open a little bit too long? The paper may be acting like a valve and closing off the exhaust as the piston is starting the intake stroke.

I don’t know if I would let it bother me too much since it does run nicely as it is.

Thanks Scotty, well it certainly isn't broken so perhaps I should just leave well enough alone.
Cheers.

That could also be the cause, and the spring force of the IN valve can also be adjusted a little lighter.

@Alan's Home Workshop
The engine is nice and runs well.
Congratulations !

Very nice, and much more finely finished than the general butchery I did on mine.

Latest posts

Back