• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Equipment Teardown for parts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kermit

My work is in possession of a down hole oil well tool control console given to us several decades ago as a test fixture for the instruments we made for them

It's a schlumberger company console, but they don't want it back and nobody here at my work place wants it around anymore.

I've already called dibs on the tape drive motors. If and when we get around to the tear down does anybody think this unit might have some "goodies" that they could find a use for?

In the spirit of Christmas I am offering to ship any desired hardware to members here. If and when we tear it down(we will but it might not happen until next Christmas)

Kermit

Those equipment racks make dandy heavy-duty cabinets. You should be able to find doors for them. Inside will be brackets running lengthwise in all 4 corners that would allow mounting of shelves to suit.

I have a single bay that in years gone by in which I had rack-mounted stereo equipment installed. For the past 15 years it's been storing paint and cleaning supplies in my garage.

The blank panels should find a use somewhere as well.

Latest posts

Back