Elmer's #45 by Trout

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These great comments are part of what make this a great place to hang out. I thoroughly enjoy reading them, thanks very much!

Kel, Sam, Jeff, Ron, Ian, Tel, Eric, thanks very much!

Zee, it seems there aren't many ways one can present a steam engine in a video. Please feel free to use whatever it was you had in mind when making your video, I'm sure you'll put your own very funny spin on it. Thanks for the nice comments!

Dean, now what other images can possibly pop up with a moniker like "Troutsqueezer"? Thanks for the kudos.

Arnold, I'll be following that boiler build when you get a "round2it". Gracias.

Jim, although I would be honored with a POM nomination I feel that there are many engine builds going on here that should be recognized and most of them require greater machining and mechanical engineering skills than I possess. I've had my 15 minutes of fame a couple of months ago so it's probably best that I stay in the background. But thanks for the thought and the compliments!

-dennis

Beautiful work Dennis, on both the engine and the video! Thm:

Rick

Troutsqueezer said:
Dean, now what other images can possibly pop up with a moniker like "Troutsqueezer"? Thanks for the kudos.

-dennis

Sorry Dennis. Due to my Dad's occasional crudeness. I'll blame it on him, anyway, 'cause he's gone
now, and cannot refute me. He sometimes referred to certain items in a certain fixture in a certain
small room in the house as 'brown trout'. Those things stick when you're a kid.

Being a much more refined person than dad, I would never have given it such a thought, but
once it's in your head... Well, I'm blameless. Rest assured, I have a whole new image in my head, now.
Thank you so very much, Trout---person!

Regards,
John's only son.

eew!.....Dean! I must confess that particular association to the term has - after 40 years of using it - never occurred to me! There has always been that association with a certain appendage in a certain area which has been part of the mystery (but never intended to be such) but never, never anything brown.

I'm gonna hafta change my handle! :fan: :big:

-dennis

<edit> Forgot: thanks Mr. Rick!

Dennis

While I have not been commenting as your build progressed I have been watching from day 1. You have came up with some clever ways around some of the problems building the engine. The video was fantastic. It definitely has your name on it and in it. The crowning touch was to put everybody's avatar in the background at the end. th_wav

As far as changing your name goes, don't. We wouldn't know who you were.

Cheers *knuppel2*

Don

No, don't change your handle! Just change your avatar to that pic of the guy squeezing the
trout making it do that thhbthhhbbthhhbb sound. That was funny!

Back