E Chris' Projects

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E Chris

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am going to try and attach some pictures and a video. Hope it works.

Chris
engines055.jpg

engines054.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

trainpic2.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

engines044.jpg

engines002.jpg

engines004.jpg

Very nice engines, Chris. Thanks for posting the photos.
Welcome to HMEM.
Gail in NM

Great engines Chris :) :) :)

I especially like the hit miss engines.

Welcome

Jeff

E Chris,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Nice Engines. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Great stuff Chris. :bow: Thanks for sharing. I especially like those little hit and missers. What are you using for fuel?

Rudy

Very nice!
I wouldn't mind seeing a video or two of the locomotives!

Hi all,

Thanks again for the warm welcome and kind remarks. To answer the question asking what fuel I use in the hit and miss engines, I use Coleman camp stove/lantern fuel. I have had good luck with it and it is not nearly as odorous as pump gasoline.

Chris

It looks like you have been at this for quit some time.

Welcome aboard.

SAM

Nice looking engines, Where are you located? welcome aboard.

Rex

Chris,

Love the little vertical steam engine. Is the casting kit still available for that one ?

I'm just starting to get involved with the Los Angeles Live Steamers, and aspire to build a live steam locomotive sooner then later :)

Welcome aboard our little corner of the world !!

Mike

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments. I am located in central Illinois (Springfield).

The little vertical steam engine is made of bar stock. The frame is a soft soldered brass fabrication, the cylinder is a bit of bearing bronze, and the piston rod is a parallel portion of a sewing needle. The cylinder head and steam chest are attached with studs and nuts, 000-120. For plans I simply divided Stuart's 10 V drawing by four. The bore and stroke is 0.187". It runs nicely on air. Maybe someday I will add the reversing gear.

Chris

........Tiny is big time and brass is class Chris. Looks like you found a home. In the 2 Angels photo, the left engine looks more aged. Is that patina, different grade brass , or I need glasses? ;D Dave.

Those are some neat engines. I especially like the little vertical. But then I'm partial to little engines.
regards
Ernie J :bow:

Latest posts

Back