My new project ...Small diesel engine .

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say it depends on the looks, size and shaft spacings, whether bevel gears can be used as alternative. I think helical gears look very different, because they are not as common.
As I understand crown wheels ( I never tried) can be made more easy and can also be used when the load is not high.

Conrad might charge prohibitive for the shipping to Vietnam :cool:

Last edited:
Hi All !
An update .
I will make 2 engines that I have designed and am thinking about a horizontal engine so I make 3 cylinders at the same time.
Cyl.jpg

Hi All !
An update .
I have a magnifying glass, after using it for mechanical purposes and with oil, lubricant... the plastic part has started to deteriorate. I decided to use the damaged aluminum pieces... during the engine making process and change it. Now it has a set of clamps so I can easily secure it on machinery . Quite convenient when processing small parts, and I am very satisfied with it

20231206_115036.jpg
20231206_114320.jpg
20231206_114911.jpg

I have a magnifying glass, badly fitted attached to a cheap stand that was intended for a DTI - or something? So having seen your Proper Job I must extract my digit and make a better job!
Another item on the Toodoo! List.
Nice one Minh
K2

Have a laugh. It does not fix anything, but you feel better. Just throw your head back and shout HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA,! A few times until you laugh naturally. Oxygen and CO2 balance restored, you may end up laughing naturally. It even works with some sad folk...
K2

Notice the Chinese are selling a small 30cc single cylinder diesel. Maybe you could buy just the injector and pump or buy the whole thing and reverse engineer it.
As far as I know, China does not have a 30cc diesel engine for sale .
Why should I do that when I can design a 10 ( 9 or 8.5 ) cc engine myself .

Have a laugh. It does not fix anything, but you feel better. Just throw your head back and shout HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA,! A few times until you laugh naturally. Oxygen and CO2 balance restored, you may end up laughing naturally. It even works with some sad folk...
K2

K2 .
Thank you .
I made 2 parts, 1 was damaged, 1 was the wrong size.
Angry and...swearing ..

Minh Thanh.
You have made some fantastic models. You can do it. Simply do not do it on "bad days". Save those for working on "junk" stuff, that doesn't matter much. Only do the difficult and best stuff when you are in the best mood, and your patience will reward you with success.
Big breath, relax and have a break away from the engine. Then if you are feeling better tomorrow, start again.
Today, use the "scrap parts" to make a unique structure and call it "Art".... - or something?
Works for me... (I go into my garden and clear some weeds.. I soon lose the angst..).
K2

Back