Dynamo build by castings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manfred-

Thanks very much for sharing that information, and taking the time to post it.

Pat J

Looking great Manfred, keep the photos coming. I am waiting to see it completed. Have you decided what voltage to use for the final design?

Don

Don I`m going to use the second coil testwinding as described above. Some more pics on the arrangement of the coils and the magnets.

Best regards
Manfred

Generator - Teilansicht.jpg

Rotor 36 Magnete.jpg

Rotor.jpg

Manfred-

Those are great renderings.
The colors are superb.

Pat J

Manfred that is superb work. I love it and look forward to seeing it in action soon.

Regards Don

The coil winding program is started. The most importend feature is the mechanical counter, because I can count only up to 3 ??? The outside windings and the inside windings are get 70 turns each.
That is an easy job, 2 min. for one coil. I think the pics are going to show the process.

Best Regards
Manfred

DSC00743.JPG

DSC00742.JPG

DSC00745.JPG

That's good going Manfred Thm:
I like your coil winder :bow:

Kind regards, Arnold

to keep control over the 48 coil wires I'm using a simple system. Each coil on the beginning has a loop and the coil body are a number from 1-12. All the coils are winded in the same direction.

Best Regards
Manfred

Drahtschlinge.jpg

Excellent progress Manfred!!! :bow:

This is way over my head but it is a very enjoyable thread to follow!!!
Can't wait to see the machining processes!!!!

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

This is way over my head, I have had the same way of thinking as You. Belive; a flammliker is more difficult to build, than a generator. Most of us are mechanical trained, I'm too.
So I'm watching in a windmill forum how to build all these stuff, they due know how to due it. They put me one the right road.
You are a young man, You can due it. I`m 73 years old daddy, so it is some time... ???

Best Regards
Manfred

Those are beautiful parts Manfred....Says a lot about the patternmaking! :bow:

Well done!

Dave

Manfred, now I am excited to see the casting going into progression. You are going to start machining the casting and I am looking forward to photos and documention of the progress.

Don

+1 on what Don and Dave said. You certainly have good skills as a pattern maker, and I am excited to see the next steps!

the next step is the rotor. I have to make a decision on a single phase or a 3 phase rotor.
3 phase are 12 coils and 32 magnets on the rotor
1 phase are 12 coils and 36 magnets on the rotor

A point of intrest is, how is the voltage change between a iron rotor and the plastic rotor.

Regards
Manfred

Manfred if I had my option I would pick the single phase version. What we will be powering if connected to a steam engine is to run lamps off of it to demonstrate that we are suppling power from it.

Don

Yes Don it become a single phase generator, I don`t need a home power station.
With the air coil it is easy to style any type of generator, AC or DC or what ever you like.
The machining I have started to day, most of the operation are simple. Ruffing on the mill the down side and grinding the top side. But the top side could be done one the mill as well.

Best Regards
Manfred

DSC00755.JPG

DSC00756.JPG

Hi! Manfred glad to see you back and starting to machine the casting. Your surface grind does a great job. glad to see your choice was single phase, I think everyone in the states will perfer this. I will be here waiting with interest, and are your casting aluminum?

Don

there is a piece chipped out. :eek: That happend if workpieces like to fly.

Don, castings in aluminium is possible too. After I have finished this 3 sets, I`l try castings from polyurethane. I due have a vacuum system, so it should work. Because the price for castings went up.

The next step is the rotor withe the 36 magnet on it.

Best Regards
Manfred

DSC00758.JPG

Back