DRO, To good to be true?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That site is for Chinese suppliers to market their products and is one of many that operate the same way.

Having dealt with these sites, I am aware of several pitfalls.

Firstly, do not trust the pictures of the products, nor the literal text and do not make any assumptions. Many vendors hide behind their 'poor' English to get out of supplying what the advert seemed to indicate. For example, these DRO's may only be the display and have no other required hardware with them. Check via email EXACTLY what you will be receiving. As another example, a listing was advertising a paired set of motorcycle intercoms in the same retail box, with a minimum order quantity of 2 pieces at $50 per unit. As these usually go for about $75, it looked like a good deal. 2 emails later, asking for explicit details, it turned out the seller was selling each half of the pair for $50, so in effect they wanted $100 per retail box.

Secondly, many of these sites use their own form of escrow but they will release the money to the seller if no formal dispute is lodged in time. If you encounter a problem, lodge a dispute immediately, no matter what the seller appears to be doing to 'help' you.

I have imported quite a few different products from sites like this one and they are generally good, but I have encountered a few scammers so be cautious.

Good luck!

The site is part of alibaba, the "amazon.com" of china. Alibaba is a central online ordering website for 1000s of Chinese companies.

I did some search and I was told not to deal with the one your talking about. That company
build DRO to a Chinese speck (known for garbage) I purchasse some from the link I posted here and they work perfect. These are build to American specification. Shars tool in state sell these unit with a different Name tag Echo Zhao is the contact Ive deal with

echo
echo zhaoChengdu Ditron Opto-Electronic Equipment Ltd.T: 86 28 85480905 / F: 86 28 85480905 / M: 15828602050 /MSN:[email protected] skype:echodongmei
E: [email protected]W: http://www.cnditron.cnProducts Showroom on Alibaba.com

dro2.jpg

dro3.jpg

Hi,
As said above be careful as they will catch you out thinking your buying something your not. That price is only for the DRO head unit and with postage is up around the price of the more reputable sellers on ebay.
Look up Sino DRO or Meister DRO on ebay, I can highly recommend both sellers.
For a complete 2 axis you can expect to pay around $420 and up, and for a complete 3 axis $520 and up posted. Both these guys have great after sales service.

Dave

Looks like a price for the readout head only & cant comment on the people selling it as I dont know them, but suggest Canadianhorsepower do a bit more research on the unit specs.
I bought one of those units from the DR Store on Ebay & will vouch for their quality , build & specs - very pleased with mine.
Sounds to me like a competitor slagging the competition to Mr. canada ?
cheers,
Leonard

Hi,
As said above be careful as they will catch you out thinking your buying something your not. That price is only for the DRO head unit and with postage is up around the price of the more reputable sellers on ebay.
Look up Sino DRO or Meister DRO on ebay, I can highly recommend both sellers.
For a complete 2 axis you can expect to pay around $420 and up, and for a complete 3 axis $520 and up posted. Both these guys have great after sales service.

Dave
Sorry I dont want to burst your bubble, but for someone that was affraid of Cinese product
look at this picture and youll see that SINO are Chinese specs DRO. As I stated earlier I made my home work
before spending some money.As for the price both my 3ch 2 ch came will everything need for700.00 Canadian
delivered to my door by DHL

sinodro.jpg

Not bursting any bubble of mine as I don't have one to burst. I have had 2 Meister's and a Sino for around 5 years + now and they have proven reliable. I knew when buying them that they where Chinese, so not sure what that comment was about.

When I bought mine they had only just hit ebay and the Aussie dollar was low, so they where pricey, but well worth the money in my opinion.

Dave

Canadianhorsepower,
Your Sino DRO attachment does'nt give any indication of specs or quality. There is no arguement that these are Chinese made DRO's, but the Chinese make a wide range of various quality goods, certainly not all to their own sometimes iffy designs.
My Chinese DRO meets AS [Australian Standards] & has Internationally accepted plugs, works perfectly & is accurate. I'm happy with it & only passing on my personal experience & opinion.
You saying that you prefer a Canadian made DRO is a valid statement. Giving opinion on something you havent tried is not.
Leonard

Latest posts

Back