drawings of the engine for practical use

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexmillon

Reaction score
Hello dear member forum.Someone to share drawings of the engine for practical use?Preferably on gasoline.Clambered many sites but did nothing I found none.So who can share drawings.

Hi mate
the Webster is a good starter engine.
Its a single 4 stroke that will run on unleaded and can be blinged up a lot if so desired.
just google Webster.
Pete

Hmmm ..... First post and a request already? How about a bit of an introduction first - let us get to know you a bit. Welcome to the forum, BTW.

metalmad

Yes, Webster is good, but it would be more powerful at least 4 hp. (Although the Webster engine can scale to do more will have to calculate how much power will be released).

tel

Thank you.Engines started relatively recently.No already have progress.Necessary tools est.We need only drawing .. and would like to drive for immediate use, rather than a model engine.

alexmillon said:
Thank you.Engines started relatively recently.No already have progress.Necessary tools est.We need only drawing .. and would like to drive for immediate use, rather than a model engine.

Methinks you are on the wrong forum

If you don't want to be involved with model engines, would you like me to remove your login ???

Bob

No, I want to be associated with models of engines.We pose the question in differently.I need a drawing of an engine with power from 4 to 6 hp.

Hi Alex,
We builders of model engines normally don't have the size of equiptment needed to build engines of this size. Alot of our models are of the hit-miss persuation and they are scale models of full size engines. These full size engines could come as small as 1 HP or as large as over 100 HP. A full size 5 HP hit-miss engine could weigh up to 2000 lbs at times and more. If you would like to build a simple 4 stroke engine of 3 to 5 HP like a B&S or something like that, the forum will be here to help you. I don't know of any designs for such an engine but there's nothing wrong with reverse engineering a comercial engine with your own improvements included and all of us here, I'm sure would love to see you do it. Dave

Dave you reveal the essence of my question.'ll Get for the modernization and improvement of Webdter engine.Tomorrow will make all necessary calculations and next week want to use a build of my Webster's engine.

If you want to steal someone elses engine design them maybe you ought to do the work yourself. I don't know if your poor use of English is deliberate, or because of a lack of proficiency with the language...

I would think that the basic ideas that getting someone to steal an idea for you is still stealing, and just because you get some one else to do the deed for you it does not change the result.

Someone has been on several times with this same request - basically wanting someone to hand them the plans for a Harley engine so they can reproduce it someplace like India.

Pete,
Unfortunately, that is entirely probable. A quick search on that gmail addy shows 0 hits.

Also the last guy asking also had a name starting Dj....

Jason

Jasonb
And then title of the post.Your comment here is irrelevant.

kf2qd

Nobody was going to steal.Need a simple drawing of a low-power engine.A you said so as if I'm going there to do mass production.

Found the engine that I need [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiHHny9jlWM.Can[/ame] anybody give any information on this engine (as created, etc.). Contact with the designer.

tel said:
Hmmm ..... First post and a request already? How about a bit of an introduction first - let us get to know you a bit. Welcome to the forum, BTW.
I notice you were just ignored no intro just a I want. *club*

alexmillon said:
Found the engine that I need http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiHHny9jlWM.Can anybody give any information on this engine (as created, etc.). Contact with the designer.

I don't think that this engine is 5HP, it is a model of a 5hp B&S, most likely produces less that one HP. Very Nice though.

Kel

kcmillin

Yes, you may be right about the hp.I would like to learn about it more.

Why not do as the person who built that model did, get a full size B&S engine they are quite common, take it apart and measure all the bits then make your own to whatever size suits.

J

The only question is who to take these dimensions.Among my acquaintances there are none.

alexmillon said:
The only question is who to take these dimensions.Among my acquaintances there are none.

There are a great many here who

1. Disassemble an engine and measure every part to make drawings of the part, with pencil and paper in some cases.

2. Scale down all the drawings to there desired scale.

3. Check all the tolerences and bolt holes to ensure fit.

4. Make all the parts one at a time to create the prototype engine.

5. Go back and document any changes from unforseen problems.

What you see here on this forum are projects that have taken in some cases years of planning, drawing, measuring, and building. There are no short cuts. If you search the internet for free plans you will only find plans for simple engines that generous people have offered. The plans for the complicated engines are not cheap because of the work mentioned above. If you search you will find plans for engines for sale. If you like one, pay for them and happy building. If you cannot find what you are looking for, they are most likely not available and you will have to go thru the steps above to have one. The simple fact is, if you cant do it, and you don't know anybody who can do it, you wont be able to have one.

I'm not trying to be mean or rude, I'm just stating the reallity of model engines. It's a hands on sport that requires alot of time and patence and some cases money.

Good luck in your quest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back