drawings of the engine for practical use

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Boy! Who to measure.....who to build?

Good reply Steve!

Actually my question is who accept every detail of the measure and make a drawing Or can someone has measured the.

alexmillon said:
Actually my question is who accept every detail of the measure and make a drawing Or can someone has measured the.

That was my point. If you can't find plans for sale of an engine you like then you have to do all that yourself. You have to measure and draw and plan everything yourself. That is what we do when we want to build something that is not available.

I will look for the engine and take off with him all the same sizes.Or all of the same venture to upgrade the Webster engine until I need options.

Steve, your points are all good and appreciated by any of us who have been involved in the process. That said however, if 4-6 HP is needed and needed NOW for "?practical purposes?", why not just go buy a full size 4-6HP engine and put it to work? I suspect your little V-8 will be a powerhouse but not near that horsepower on a sustainable basis. Even the full size Briggs 6S new from the factory was only rates at 1.6HP @ 3200 rpm.

Bill

The calculation found that if we increase the piston diameter to 44 mm and increase the stroke to 38 mm.It turns out 57cc engine size and power of 6.2 HP at 3200 RPM.It is for Webster engine.

alexmillon said:
The calculation found that if we increase the piston diameter to 44 mm and increase the stroke to 38 mm.It turns out 57cc engine size and power of 6.2 HP at 3200 RPM.It is for Webster engine.

Well....thats a start for the calculations....after about 1000 hours more work, you'll have an engine design suitable for your needs......

Why not just buy a 6.2 hp engine as Bill stated?

Dave

I want most to make the engine from start to finish.To buy it it is simple.Especially more valuable experience.Especially since it's an invaluable experience.

His twin would be simpler....I would remember that small, powerful, high speed IC engines are rarely simple.

A large hit and miss perhaps? ...they are simple, and very rugged...but in the 6 HP size...BIG.

Dave

Dave

Dimensions to be not large in such a capacity.Here are only about a gearbox [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Y-BUtEtLc[/ame] Even slightly smaller would be

Alright....I don't see 6.2 hp at 3200 rpm.

Alexmillon, I am generally a jovial guy....that means I like to have fun.....

Right now I'm not having any fun. Please post an introduction.

I will be the last to ask this question.

Alex, the point is you will not get that kind of power from something that size. Posting various pictures and videos of different things only confuses the issue. If you can clearly define the size you need (as in what it will power), what form it should take (single cylinder, v-twin, etc.) and what skills you posess to construct it, perhaps someone can be of more help. Based on what I have read so far though, I am beginning to suspect that some or all of those...skills, size, and power required...are going to be mutually exclusive. People are willing to help but you need to help us help you too!!

Bill

Skills are. And about the sizes and capacity I have counted all and have deduced. All to converge, but calculations yet haven't ended. I will be certainly glad for any help.

Alex

This is quite the thread. It's like we've all be led down the rabbit hole. I think I want to build a 1/2 scale engine out of paper mache and put in my 1965 Jeep CJ-5 and compete in NHRA ProStock. I believe I could win the US Nationals come Sept. :noidea:

I'm late, I'm late, no time to say hello goodbye, I'm late I'm late I'm late..... :big:

Hello Alex, I, and I'm certain others here, are having difficulty in understanding exactly what final result it is you are wishing to accomplish. Is it that you wish to build an engine that will fit a common bicycle frame, similar what is shown in that video? Or is the engine to be utilized for another purpose? What machine tools do you have available to make such an engine and what kinds of engines have you built before? Where are you located and what is your (aproximate) age? All of this information will help us determine any further recommendations and also assist the rest of us out of this rabbit hole.

I think I just saw Alice over there in that corner :eek:

BC1
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back