Converting Albrie Design drawings to Draftsight (dwg/dxf)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianS

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I know there are some Albrie users here. I found a neat project on instrucables.com http://www.instructables.com/id/Giant-Chess/ about making giant chess pieces from the stuff they make the election/campaign signs out of (Coroplast is one name). I have a buddy that has black and white tile in part of his house so I'd like to make a set for him as a gift. My problem is that the person who made these patterns used the free Albrie CAD program and I use Draftsight and Sketchup. I downloaded the free Albrie version to try to convert them myself but I can't find a file type that I could export and then read with Draftsight. The drawings are really only 2D patterns and I suppose I could just redraw them but I was hoping to not re-invent the wheel as they say. I found a plugin that allows Albrie to export to dxf but I think it's only for the full version.

I thought about just having them printed but the plotting service I've used doesn't want to deal with this format. So any suggestions? Anyone done this before? Thanks in advance.

Ugh! Thanks, I don't know how I missed that when I looked at it. I feel kinda silly now, but thanks.

Back